Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 3:42 pm

"Keep in mind how it feels, how it would smell, it'll help you keep the illusion up" she said, picking up Diego who was holding his own marshmellow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ife.no
Lad Nah
Elder
Lad Nah

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 3:52 pm

"Alright..." She said, her brows knitting in concentration. "What do I do now?"

Use of will was nessesary for creating illusions. But strictly speaking not nessesary for Obfuscate generally so the little malkavien didn't think to do it.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 3:56 pm

Well, to be honest, Teddy didn't generally think about that part since, strictly speaking, she no longer needed that component to play around with her illusions. So it took her a moment before remembering.
"Oh... since you need to get the world to accept your imagination you'll need to use your will to achieve it. Just give it an extra push sort of speak to bring it from your mind and into the world"
Back to top Go down
Lad Nah
Elder
Lad Nah

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:14 pm

"Oh, ok." She said then took another moment gathering her thought and then tried "pushing".

She opened her hand and a faint ghostly marshmallow was there for a moment before fading.

It was brief and unimpressive, but that didn't stop Lad Nah from squeeling.

She immediately closed her yees and cupped her hands again. Like a kid ina candy store.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:17 pm

"Keep focusing on it once you've established the pattern in the real world" it was somewhat hard to explain to someone how to do something she'd always been able to do, but it seemed like the Malkavian was picking up on it fairly fast anyways.
"And try not over extending your willpower, it can be kind of easy to do the first few times before you get a hang of it"
Back to top Go down
Lad Nah
Elder
Lad Nah

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:21 pm

She opened her hand and this time there was nothing. She had a frustrated little pout.

"Too excited to concentrate properly." She took a big breath. "So you hold on to it... does it take concentration or can you do other stuff while you have an illusion up?"
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:24 pm

"Once you've established it you can do other things. At least with a static illusion like that. It will break once you leave its vicinity though, or if someone sees through it" Teddy nodded. "Which makes it important to give it authenticity so people won't have reason to disbelieve it"
Back to top Go down
Lad Nah
Elder
Lad Nah

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:30 pm

"Yes, I understand that. It's kind of like mage magic. General consensus." She nodded.

"Let's try again." She was suddenly stone cold calm, almost in a trance. She cupped her hands and when she opened them, the Marshmallow was there. Big and puffy and powdery.

She didn't jump for joy or get excited. She smiled mildly. Her face was nothing but pure placid clarity.

Then suddenly it was over, the marshmallow fadded and she was gasping with joy and surprise and back to her normal self.

She jumped up and bent over to hug Teddy. "I did it!"

Yes, it was surprising how fast she seemed to be grasping it. Unnarually fast.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:33 pm

The hug surprised her, but she returned it with a smile none the less because it wasn't as if she minded it.

"You're good at this" very good actually. "You'll probably speed through this without any problems"
Back to top Go down
Lad Nah
Elder
Lad Nah

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:47 pm

"Ya, but I'm really tired now... and hungry. I kinda helped myself a bit." She winked.

Without saying anything the butler appeared with two milkshake glasses like from an icecream shop compelte with straws and umbrellas. THe liquid inside was warmed blood.

He set the tray down and went to leave.

Lad Nah touched him arm to stop him and waved her perfectly toasted marshmallow in front of him. "Want it?"

He smiled and carefully removed the marshmallow and popped it in his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:58 pm

Heh... she had some of the same tendencies that Rhiana had. An old soul in the body of a child. Occasionally acting like a child, occasionally acting like their true self. It could be difficult to process sometimes for osmeone standing on the outside looking in, but it didn't bother the Caitiff. It was just... different really. And different wasn't bad.

She watched the butler take the marshmellow and waited until he'd left until speaking again.
"You treat all your people like this?" she'd seen one too many vampires who treated their ghouls like slaves or cattle. To see her treat her people with friendliness made the Caitiff kind of happy.
Back to top Go down
Lad Nah
Elder
Lad Nah

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 5:03 pm

"They are my family." She smiled and sucked down on her pink straw to get at the warmed blood. (Teddy's staw was blue)

"They take care of me and it's my job to take care of them too. I love them."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 5:12 pm

"I'm glad to hear" that was how it ought to be.

The Caitiff picked up her glass and took a very small sip from it, as paranoia dictated she not drink anything without being sure it was safe. It wasn't due to thinking badly of the Malkavian, it was survival instinct and it was a hard habit to kick.
Back to top Go down
Lad Nah
Elder
Lad Nah

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 5:44 pm

It smelled and tasted like normal human blood. It was cooling rather quickly though.

"So you were an embrace and drop. That's a foul practice."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 5:57 pm

Mm, she drank a bit more of it then.

"The whole thing was messy" far messier than she'd thought herself actually, though then again, the truth often had a way of being stranger than fiction. "But I'm still here. So... I managed" she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Lad Nah
Elder
Lad Nah

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 6:03 pm

"Well, it's a shame. I enjoy a loving healthy relationship with my sire. I wish everyone could be so lucky. Unfortunately it seems so very rare." She frowned and drank more of her drink.

"Being a ghoul first helps. Mentally mainly, but also physically. But you're right. You turned out and so many others manage so, that's something. It just seems to make things so needlessly hard."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 6:09 pm

"In some ways" like constantly being at the bottom of the pecking order. Then again, she had no political ambitions so she probably would've been there anyways regardless of clan. "I guess some embraces are done just because they can, which is horrible enough in itself. Though I'm also guessing that in some cases something could happen that would force someone to leave before they could finish what they were doing" heh like in her case...

"It's rough as Hell waking up dead with no idea what's happening, I'll admit that though" she said with a slight shrug of her shoulders. "I think the first months could've easily killed me if things had played out any differently"
Back to top Go down
Lad Nah
Elder
Lad Nah

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 6:13 pm

"I would imagine so. While my time as an unreleased childe were the most relaxing and stress free years of my life. There was nothing I had to do other than watch and learn." She said fondly.

"There could be any kind of reason for leaving you. Maybe they were simply killed? That happened to an ally of mine. Either way I suppose that was simply what the universe had in store for you."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 6:23 pm

"A lot was taken from me the night I was turned... but it also gave me something I never would've had if I hadn't been Embraced" Teddy nodded softly, taking another sip from the glass and resting it back in her lap while holding it with both hands.
"It's the way it is I guess" where pain had been inflicted you hopefully found joy to help soothe the ache.
Back to top Go down
Lad Nah
Elder
Lad Nah

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm

"Yes, it is. Suffering is learning, but life is joy." She drained her drink and set it back down.

"I want to make a couple more for Nola. She loves sweets." She stuck a couple more on her stick and held it out over the fire.

"I really appreciate you showing me how to use Chimestry. I always wanted to learn. So thank you."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 7:10 pm

"I don't mind showing you, I've just always been a bit wary of sharing it because of what it is. Since I'm not Ravnos...." well, there were plenty of those who would go after her to make sure it never got shared at all.
"Chances are you'll be better at it than me soon enough" given the ease with which she'd picked up the first step.
Back to top Go down
Lad Nah
Elder
Lad Nah

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 7:19 pm

"I'll still need your guidance. I cheated a little is all. I can't do that all the time." She winked.

"Besides, I'm all about the mind. I'm no stronger than your average 13 year old girl. Physically, many humans could beat me. But I never have to fight anyone physically, so it's ok. I use my mental powers. Auspex and obfuscate in particular."

"Maybe because I've eaten at a fairy party, it came easier. Fairies throw the best parties."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 7:40 pm

It had to be asked, it just had to.
"You've been to a fairy party?" of all things. "I know how to fight just... not a big fan of it. I prefer avoiding it all together if possible or just take the hit if it'll stop things." a fair few just let I be if allowed to take out their anger on someone.
Back to top Go down
Lad Nah
Elder
Lad Nah

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 9:24 pm

"Two in fact. Fairies are absolutely lovely creatures. Wilde and so very rare now. It's sad. They will be going the way of bygones soon. And Mages and Werewolves will follow. Maybe someday we Kindred will to. That's what they see Catiffs and Thin bloods as: our doom."

"I don't believe all that though. Everything happens in cycles. Someday the fairies will return. I hope to live long enough to see that."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 7:57 am

"Never had much to do with any supernaturals except our own. A few run ins, but never dealt with fairies. Or well, met one once, but that was brief" her vampire boyfriend had wanted Teddy to make her a toy.

"I think there's something to the idea of things going in cycles though... makes sense" to her anyways. "I'm not exactly old though, so I haven't seen the big changes to our or their kind yet"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House   Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dreams Made Real (Teddy) - Lad Nah's Clockwork Death House
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next