Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Checking out (ST)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

Checking out (ST) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 12:00 pm

He looked through to see if anything was particularly valuable for their library. Vague everyday references were unnecessary. He wanted practical information and useful research and reference tools. The big book of myths and scary monsters was probably too vague. Though if it was popup....
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:48 pm

It wasn't a pop-up. But it was, at least, interesting. And well-written.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 12:40 am

He took it, might be interesting. And he picked up the couple of others he had found in the other group.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 6:04 am

Still, no one seemed to notice him.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 1:44 pm

Good. He would continue to go through the books, picking out things that seemed decent. He wondered if they had an area of books taken off the shelves, because of disrepair, age or lack of interest.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 2:49 am

They did, but it was allllll the way in the very back, behind a locked, dusty door.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 12:11 pm

Locked doors were nothing to him, really. Once he figured out where they were.. He did have skills.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:57 am

It didn't seem like much, just a simple, locked door.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 12:23 pm

He had some security skills. He used hwat he did know to see if he could unlock the door.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:22 pm

It was a rather simple lock. He didn't have any trouble getting into the office. Or, at least, unlocking the door.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:01 am

He unlocked the door and looked around to make sure it was okay, and then slowly and quietly opened the door, looking to see if there was anyone inside.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 1:47 am

There was no one inside the office. He was quite alone in the dusty corner office.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 9:22 am

And so he closed the door softly and started to go through it, looking for books that had been taken off the shelves for one reason or another.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:03 pm

Most of the books he found were damaged in some way. Missing pages, torn, ink spilled on -- and even a few that looked like they had been partially burned.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Interesting. Still he went through the books to find any that looked to be of the right sort or anything that might be useful. A partial of a good book was better than nothing. Plus it could act as a placeholder for a replacement.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 1:28 pm

There were several books of interest back in this office. Mostly, the burned ones seemed to be some sort of instructional manuals on magic. Magic that he recognized.

Blood magic.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 1:53 pm

Well, those were going with him. It also made him wonder who was burning these books. There had been a tremere librarian, hadnt there. He looked around and found a box to put the books into.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:20 pm

Sadly, there were no boxes to be found. Not in this room.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 10:36 am

Then he would have to find something, even a plastic bag or a cloth one. If not that, he would have to leave and get one. He wanted some of these books.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 5:26 am

There didn't seem to be any bags in the office where he stood.

But he did hear voices outside the door. Right outside the door.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Damn it. He disappeared, using his obfuscate and moved to a corner where he would not be in the way, Then he opened up his senses so he could hear what the people were saying and doing.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 12:25 am

A young woman stepped into the room. Followed, quite closely, by a man. Not a word was spoken.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 1:32 pm

He stayed in place, quiet as possible, invisible and listened and watched.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 11:48 am

As he watched, hidden, the woman began to gather up the books. As many of them as she could hold -- and started to pack them into a crate.

Her eyes were glazed, as though she were maybe high or drunk in some way, her movements jerky and sharp.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:26 am

Oh, now this was interesting. He continued to watch and then decided on a whim to scan the two, looking to see if he could see anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Checking out (ST)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next