Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Checking out (ST)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Checking out (ST) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:59 am

The woman behind the counter didn't seem in the least interested in him. She had textbooks that she was busy stamping and filing.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:07 am

So he started going through the library, looking for books that were not on the shelves. He was also looking for something hidden. Fortunately.. seeing more was what he was good at.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 11:11 am

There were a few back here that hadn't been shelved yet. Mostly due to age and eccentricity, they were stacked in a pile toward the back. These were all about vampires and werewolves, the two things tied so closely together by the moon and myth.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 12:56 pm

Well now these were interesting. He picked up a few, looking through them, looking for anything that rang true. In fact, he was very interested in the stack.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:47 am

Several books had passages in them that rang true. At least eight of them did.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 1:17 pm

He set those aside, putting them in bags and then continued to look for other books. Possibly there would be similar stacks.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 4:05 am

Faintly, he could hear the sound of two voices coming toward him.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:57 pm

He set everything to the side and found a place to disappear. Best they not see him.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:45 am

The voices got louder as they came closer to him -- and just as quickly started to fade as the two men seemed to pass right by where he was hiding, still deep in conversation.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:43 am

He watched as they came and went, listening to see what they were talking about, curious why two would be walking around back here this late. He would even follow them a little till he knew where they were going, just to see.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 12:45 pm

They were discussing the inventory. There was, apparently, a section of books back there that would, after a bit of computer work, be ready to go onto the shelves.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 1:10 am

Interesting. He went back the way they came to check those books that were not in the inventory yet. This could be what he was looking for.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:23 pm

There were several books, all of them packaged in neat rows inside boxes. Eighteen piles of these boxes were seen -- so he would have to pick which ones he looked through.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 7:50 pm

He looked at the first pile to see what they were. Hopefully they would be roughly by subject.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:46 am

They were arranged by genre. The first pile he checked happened to be fiction.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 6:26 pm

He ran a hand over the titles to make sure nothing slipped in but then started looking for the history or occult section.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 8:31 am

Which was a little harder back here. There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the stacks. They were organized by genre, of course, but he was finding quite a few books on cooking and even more on gardening than he was history or occult.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 3:20 pm

They were the new books to put on the shelves. He expected as much. But he wanted to check before he gave up. That was the thing to do. Plus you never knew but bit of buried treasure you would find.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:37 am

There were science books back there, too. Chemistry, Biology, Anatomy. As well, there were medical texts and encyclopedias to be put on the shelves. Quite a bit for him to choose from.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:18 am

And yet none of it was what he was looking for for the library. He was looking for books on magic. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 11:47 am

There didn't seem to be any books on magic back here. It was nearly all mundane books.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 12:48 am

Then maybe history of something useful, or about monsters.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 3:21 am

Several of those, however. Though they were classified as mythology and legends and tales of fantasy.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:12 pm

Those were of interest. he pulled them out and checked them to see if there was anything useful, anything that made them worth having.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 3:49 am

Most of them had references to old myths and legends -- monsters that, now that he was Kindred, Estaban knew to be at least loosely based in fact.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Checking out (ST)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next