Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Checking out (ST)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 10:31 pm

Estaban walked into the library, dressed as conservatively as possible. He had heard a rumor that the main librarian was getting ready to retire but was having financial problems. Whether it was true or not he had no idea. But it was worth a try. He walked in noticing how many people were not there. He had picked a week after the end of the semester, when fewer were doing research. He walked up to the desk.

"Hello, Mr. Fortunato. I called in to reserve a chance to look at some of the collections?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 10:34 pm

The librarian looked up tiredly from behind the desk.

"It's a library, hon, not a five-star restaurant. Go ahead with what you need."
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 12:04 am

He smiled

"Thank you, I will."

He went to where the special collections were, heading to the back. From what he had heard there was a good selection of old books that hadnt been looked at in years. He started looking through it, looking at the titles.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 12:33 am

They were organized by topic. There was city, states, mythology, science, philosophy... any category he might want to look at -- it was there.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 12:45 am

He decided to start with Philosophy. He also wanted to look at religion and history, but philosophy is where much of the mystical new age stuff tended to be classified.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 1:23 am

There were many books back there. Books by Plato and Nietzsche, all carefully placed in the back with care and love taken. But there didn't seem to be any magical books in the bunch -- though there were several very interesting-looking titles.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 1:48 am

He looked through a couple of the interesting titles, looking for something that could be.. useful even if not magical. He marked down some names and titles and then moved to religion.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 1:56 am

Here, he found books on every religion. Every single one. Including Wicca and magick.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 4:56 pm

He checked the books on Wicca and Magick to see if there was anything of real use, anything more than a modern explanation.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 10:35 pm

There were a couple of them that seemed to hold a bit of truth to them. It was awkward and a little backward, but there was still some truth within the pages.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 1:23 am

Interesting, but not what he was looking for. Oh well, onto the Historical section.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:30 pm

There was a bit more here. Though what he was finding seemed mostly to be about the Inquisition and the methods of both hunting and dealing with witches. It was the Burning Times, after all -- though a few of them did catch his eye as having some measure of validity to them.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:57 pm

He would of loved to have some of these volumes in his collection but this was a library and anything he attempted to buy would cost him. Okay, he had the time, he started looking through the rest of the stacks in this collection. These are the older and more valuable books, so maybe something good has just been misplaced. Still, he wrote down the names of the more interesting books in the three sections he had already seen.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 1:07 pm

And still, no one bothered him.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 1:22 pm

So he went through one area after another in the special section. He even looked through literature and fiction.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 1:23 pm

Not so much to be found there, except for a few first edition and signed copies of books. They had no mystical use at all.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 1:25 pm

Then he went through social sciences, technology and science. The opposites of what he was looking for but maybe something would be tucked in there.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 1:11 pm

There was quite a bit of useful information in there -- but nothing pertaining to anything mystical.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 1:36 am

Sigh, again, good to know.. but he needed something mystical. He wasn't going to pay for just good library books. After he had gone through all of the special collection, he headed back up to the front desk.

"Excuse me. Do you have anything in the rare books collection not in those shelves?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:32 am

The woman blinked.

"No."
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:47 am

He nodded.

"Thank you."

WEll, it sounded doubtful but he tried. He went to go look at the normal shelves in the occult / metaphysical section.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:13 pm

There he found exactly what he expected to find. More books on Wicca and other religions, as well as the usual instruction guides to reading tarot cards.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 8:36 pm

This was just a little frustrating. Still, he walked around, looking for the oldest books he could find.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 8:55 pm

The oldest he could find on the shelves was from 1997. But then again, they likely wouldn't have anything useful out on the shelves for the general public.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:15 pm

It was worth a try. He thought for a minute and made a decision. Like all libraries there would be more behind the scene than there appeared to be. He watched who was in front and simply waited till his best moment, sliding behind one of the doors and disappearing when he did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Checking out (ST) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out (ST)   Checking out (ST) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Checking out (ST)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next