Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Back to Work (open)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

Back to Work (open) Empty
PostSubject: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 3:19 am

She had taken a week to get used to her newly-married status. Honestly, it was a wonder she had even been able to leave the house. The only reason she had managed it was that Erik was back to work as well. She wanted to make sure he had time to play the catch-up game with work, give him a quiet place in his office so that he could do whatever global domination he needed to do. So she was back at the bar, all smiles.

Dressed in jeans and a terribly cute Christmas t-shirt - welcome to Florida - she was busily putting ornaments on a tree that she had set up in the far right corner of the dance floor. It was a giving tree - those who came to look at the ornaments would find that there were prizes involved - everything from free shots to free pitchers to free body shots - up for grabs. But they had to have a paper from the local children's hospital to redeem the 'gift' - since it was a giving tree as well as a getting tree.

The only reason that it was taking so long to set up was that she was distracted, constantly being interrupted by people asking if she would be dancing or not, saying hello, a few of them offering their well-wishes and congratulations. So while she wasn't dawdling, the task was taking roughly five times longer than normal to complete.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 3:23 am

The man came into the bar dressed all in black. He had a large hood that covered his head, hiding his mangled face from those prying eyes that were just simply none of anyone's business. He had to be here; he did not have to like it. Not one bit. He gave his ID to the man at the door who checked such things, then made his way inside. Contrary to what most did, he found a table near the back that put his back to the wall and let him see every single nook and cranny of the bar. Some would have called him paranoid and others would have suspected him of casing the joint, but he already knew everything he needed to know about this club.

Four minutes after he sat down and ordered a drink, every single security camera in the bar flickered with white noise instead of images of the bar.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 10:23 am

She put the finishing touches on the tree with a triumphant smile. Checking her watch, she took a step back to admire her handiwork - she just didn't want to stay out too late. Being married was a new situation for her, but she fell into it rather quickly and easily. Yes, Erik was working. She just wanted to make sure she was home by the time he finished so that they could spend some time together before she had to go to bed.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 10:35 am

Five steps away.

The bitch was completely oblivious. She was busy fluffing the tree, adding stupid little paper ornaments. An attempt to atone for the pain and suffering that she had caused others. I've got news for you, cunt. It doesn't work that way.

Four steps away.

You deserve this. You deserve everything you get. Karma is a bitch, you know, but so are you. Never thought you'd ever see me again, did you? That's right. You accepted that I was dead without so much as a second thought. You used me, just like you used so many others. It doesn't work that way, either.

Three steps away.

I've got a Christmas gift for you, too. It's me, but you don't know that, do you? Smile, laugh like nothing is wrong. Nobody actually cares if you're happy, you know. Everyone knows what kind of bitch you are. We see through you, through the smiles and the innocence and the fake confusion that you tend to put on. We know. Just like you know. You're a good actress, just not as good as me.

Two steps away.

Almost there. The goal that had been so elusive for decades so close at hand. I could reach out and touch you and you wouldn't even know it's me. Do you still wear jasmine, I wonder? Do you still taste like summer? Yeah, I even remember the way you taste, bitch. And it's time to pay the piper.

One step away.

You see, bitch, I know you. You'll do everything I want you to, you'll do anything I say, because you would never risk your precious Masquerade. That's the difference between me and you. I just. Don't. Care.

His right hand reached out, touching Griselda's shoulder. Spinning her around, since he was counting on her being surprised. He only needed her to be facing him. Then a large, meaty left hand came up, around her throat, shoving her against the wall of the bar. She would be surprised enough to not react too much, especially with the risk to the Masquerade. And she was small enough to not be much of a challenge to haul around any way he wanted to haul her around. Hand around her throat and his right hand slid under his cloak so that he could lean in and whisper to the cunt bitch in a low tone. Threatening a Masquerade issue only works if you aren't breaking the Masquerade yourself.

"One word, one fucking move and I'll stake you right here and leave you on the floor for your precious patrons to deal with." That's really all he needed to say.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 10:47 am

Victor was in what he thought of as his hunting corner, back to the wall, looking out over the club, watching and listening to the patrons. There was almost always someone worth picking up for dinner. He was also waiting for Griselda to finish what she was doing, inquire of her recent nights and to show off his own engagement ring. And so it was that he watched with a quiet growing concern what was going on with the man in black, and out of ancient habit even found his hand resting near his pistol.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 10:54 am

Well, she was certainly surprised. Enough so that she didn't move at all when she was shoved against the wall by her throat. She listened to the whispered words, nodded her head once to show that she understood. And before the man had finished speaking, she had activated her Way of Spirit, looking him over, searching for his face. It was hard to see in the dim lighting of the bar and he wore a hood, so she couldn't actually see him.

What she did see was that he had not one, but two stakes in his hand. The only reason to have more than one was that he knew she was Tremere and that the first stake wouldn't work against her. This was real danger and she knew it. She didn't say a word, not wanting to risk it. What really shook her, though, was the pure venom, the pure hatred in the man's words when he whispered to her.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Summers
Methuselah
Rachel Summers

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 10:59 am

Rachel saw the man with his hand around her boss, she moved quietly but swiftly, her blades dropping from her fitted coat, to drive into him, she at the moment didnt' give a damn about the masquerade, one for the major vein in the leg, the other for the heart through the side as she moved behind quietly so quietly to save her boss.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 11:05 am

He didn't know why he was surprised that she didn't recognize him. He had taken steps to hide his ruined face but he had still counted on her recognizing him. His voice, if nothing else. She didn't seem to and that just fueled his rage and his hatred even more.

"What's wrong, bitch? You don't recognize me?" he asked, that tone full of rage. He was shaking with it. With his senses heightened, it was actually pretty easy to move again, spinning the cunt around to put her between himself and Rachel. If the blonde continued to attack, she would be attacking the pretty little redhead he was using as a shield. And just as quickly as the blades tore into his flesh, the wounds Rachel inflicted on him closed. To anyone watching, it would likely have looked like Rachel had missed.

Unfortunately, the maneuver pulled the hood of his cloak away from his face. Well, he didn't care all that much, he had planned to show her his face anyway. But he still held Griselda by the throat and leaned in to whisper to her again. "Call off your dog, bitch, or you both die right here, right now. Masquerade be damned."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 11:13 am

A part of Victor's mind actually screamed fuck as Rachael did, well ghoul things. It was to be expected after all but so far the stranger had given no indication that he was actually going to do more than just threaten Griselda. Threats were cheap. Action was expensive, and the ghoul had just presented a giant check that he suspected nobody wanted to cash at the moment.

The Ventrue drew his .44 and kept it under the table as he scanned the room. He trusted the two women up front could take care of themselves, but creepy guy might have backup coming. And if he didn't, well he could always still shoot  the man in the hood later if needed.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 11:13 am

When the hood of the cloak fell away, she saw his face. She searched his face for a moment, then she spoke quietly to Rachel.

"Don't," she said softly to Rachel. "Get the people out of the bar. I'm not as important as they are right now."

The humans. This was going to quickly turn into a Masquerade problem and even Jamie, as much as he loved her, wouldn't be able to ignore it if the Masquerade was broken on such a large scale. Better to get the humans out of the bar than risk it. And now that she had seen his face, she knew who he was.

She watched the one ruined eye and the other one, blue eyes meeting blue eyes. "Is this what you wanted?" she asked, knowing full well that she was putting herself in danger to keep the humans safe.

Back to top Go down
Rachel Summers
Methuselah
Rachel Summers

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 11:29 am

Rachel took all her strength of will to stop her actions, blades gone, then calmly turn to the crowd, dashed with presence so they'd listen to her "Hey everyone, video shoot going right now, and the director has asked for a closed set.  Leave calmly and tomorrow night show your stamp in , and you'll get in for free." starting to herd the humans out, while texting Salif with her phone the message she was getting from her dormier.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 11:34 am

"No," the man growled. "I want. HIM. BACK!" he shouted, still holding the bitch by the throat and shaking her a little. He drew her in, so that they were nose-to-nose.

He had thought long and hard about what he wanted to say to her. Had imagined it thousands of times over the last century or two. Now that he was face-to-face with her, the words just wouldn't come. She was prettier than he remembered and he remembered her to be beyond beautiful. She didn't seem afraid and that was okay, it was that she didn't immediately know him that made him angry.

"I have to give you credit, bitch. Whenever I thought about this, I imagined you begging. You're not."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 11:42 am

He had expectations of her. The problem was, she wasn't familiar with whatever perceptions he had because she hadn't seen him in centuries. She also knew that those perceptions of her weren't based on herself, but on what someone else planted in his head.

"I've never begged," she said softly and that much was true. She had never begged this man for anything. "And I have no idea what you're talking about; I didn't take him away from you."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 11:49 am

The man laughed, but it wasn't a pleasant sound. He still had the whore by the throat and shook her again.

"Don't fucking lie to me, Griselda," he said. If there had been any question that he knew exactly who he was dealing with, it was this dispelled. He knew her. "This is your doing. It's always been your doing. But I've got news for you. You're fucking stuck with me."

He wasn't happy about it. In fact, it pissed him off, too, and his right hand came up as a sharp sound rang out when he gave her a mighty, Potence-fueled backhand to the face. That was a little better. At least, it made him feel better.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Summers
Methuselah
Rachel Summers

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 11:51 am

Rachel was working the crowd like a pro, even getting teh human bartender out tonight thank goodness it was Ali's night off or this could of been bad, and as a door was exited she locked it - so no one else but Salif could come in, she motioned to Sean in Sign to watch for any other unwanted visitors to show.

Then the back hand and she had to blow another will not to defend her dormier, biting her lower lip and trying NOT to draw blood.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 12:00 pm

Her head snapped to the side with the blow, but it was obvious to anyone looking that she had taken blows to the face before. She didn't whimper so much as growl loudly with the blow, feeling her lip tear from her mouth not being fully closed. She had opened her mouth to answer him, so her teeth cut into her lip and she took a moment to deal with that, blinking as she turned her head back toward him, to look him in the eye.

"How do you think this is going to end?" she asked him quietly. "This wasn't wise. You shouldn't have done this. I'm not lying to you; I have no fucking clue what you're talking about."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 12:02 pm

Victor for his part continued to sit in his corner, looking almost bored and disinterested with the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 12:10 pm

He smiled at her, menacingly. Still holding her by the throat, he reached into his cloak again, pulling out a piece of paper -- and actually shoved it into her mouth.

"Stop fucking talking. God damn, I hate the sound of your voice." That was true. He did hate listening to her, if only because the sound of it stirred emotions within him that he just didn't want to deal with right now. With another quick motion, he drew a switchblade, jamming it into the bitch's shoulder, nice and deep, twisting it once just to enhance the pain that she would feel. "Get used to this, bitch. We've only just begun."

And without another word, he seemed to disappear, letting Griselda drop to the floor in a heap.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 12:17 pm

Knife went in. Revolver came up. Creepy guy vanished. Revolver went down. Calmly Victor put his gun away and walked towards Griselda. He wasn't worried about her health per se, a stab wound would be healing by the time he got over there after all. But there were a lot of unanswered questions, although he did take the time to let Miyu know via telepathy that she could stand down.

But first he waited for the ghouls to do their ghoul thing of being all worried and concerned about their domitor. That was a mess he didn't want to get mixed up in.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 12:19 pm

She fell to the floor, reaching up with the arm that he hadn't stabbed her in the shoulder to pull the piece of paper out of her mouth. It was after she had sat back up that she actually let loose with an exclamation of pain - "Fuck!" - which was aimed at her now-painful shoulder.

And she started to read the paper in her hand, her face going white. "He didn't go far. He's not powerful enough to go far." Struggling a bit to get to her feet - which she didn't expect. It was harder to stand up from sitting on the floor than she anticipated, with one arm not working properly.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 12:21 pm

Victor leaned over and offered his arm. "Miyu was on her way, shall I call out a search party?"
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 12:31 pm

She took his offered hand as a way to help her stand up. She shook her head.

"Oh, no. He'll be back." She pulled out her phone and pressed a button on speed-dial.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 12:34 pm

Victor was concerned for her although his often one track mind wasn't showing it so much right now, there was still a threat at large. "Just who was that?" He blinked "Oh and are you ok?" See. Concern. It was there.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 12:41 pm

"Fine," she said as she listened to the phone ring. "Stings like a bitch but I'll be fine."

She took a deep breath and just handed the paper over to Victor without another word.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 12:45 pm

Victor looked at the paper, raised an eyebrow and stared and responded with the sort of dry deadpan he was fond of.

"Well that was a great way to start off a domitor/ghoul relationship. Do you want him killed or just found and brought back to you?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to Work (open)   Back to Work (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back to Work (open)
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next