Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 6:58 am

"I thought Raz was your deputy or did that change?" Jim asked, not quite believing the all good assertion. "And what did he do to get knocked into next year? That can be fixed..."

He took a swig of his beer once more. "Unless it was a bad idea, of course."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:18 am

Shauna peeked in waved and headed to the beer area. There was a rummaging of bottles and or glassed and then a draw opened and shut.
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:28 am

Jim heard the rummaging. "Got one out here for you!"
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:30 am

"Yeah I saw... I'm getting the Guinness and a spoon too..." Shauna said as she stepped back in. "Old fashioned B&T." She waggling the spoon at them. "Sheriff you want one too? Half Guinness Half Harp in one glass separated by the specific weight of the beers?"
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:50 am

She turned to look at Shauna gratefully.

"Dear God, yes. And what did he do? He pissed in the Cheerios of the Nosferatu. I think I know what it's about, but it's mostly a guess. I've not got a lot of urge to fix it, currently. Mess with the bull and all that. So yeah, I could use a few deputies."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:03 am

Shauna took the beers and worked the bar magic that made a true B&T. The spoon sliding the amber fluid up and over the dark one with just a hint of mixing in the middle. "Most of us that find things and say somethin' tend to get the 'we already know' routine...least way I do." She commented as she worked. "That doesn't inspire people to come forward as much let alone opt in for Deputy-ship which gets you no status and gives you the headaches of the Domain on your head."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:11 am

"It really doesn't," she agreed, watching the glass as the liquid flowed into it. "Some really like it, though."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:25 am

Jim shook his head. "Leadership around here seems to do everything and know everything- nothing found seems to surprise anyone. For instance, that Jumper and eyegouge in Delray last year? It was a Kindred behind that... before the domain expansion. I saw her back in October when I poked my nose into it on Marcus Jaint's behalf- he did too, by the way and given how the Nos seem to have gouge on everyone and everything, I'm certain someone above my paygrade knows."

Jim shrugged. "It's gonna bite someone in the ass and it ain't me- I offered warning and was politely, more or less, ignored. My opinion, anything I offer has two strikes against it- I am not part of the inner circle and I'm Tremere. Can't fight City Hall... so why bother? Likely the same attitude elsewhere... Difference with me is I'll help investigate and or put out the fire if one crops up should I be asked..."

Jim cracked open the other bottle of Harp on the counter. "It's how I ended up with Red over here years ago."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:26 am

"Some people have it in them to be civil servants. Look at what I do." She handed Rai the drink. "I've been a Fire Fighter EMT Paramedic Arson Investigator state trooper and now back to straight Arson Investigation all dependent on the requirements of the state." She started the next one out. "And I can bar tend but that isn't really whats needed around here. I thought being Keeper meant working with a team. Jamie hates Ventrue so much it shows hard core in everything. He's an ass and he's not on my fun list even though I damn well tried." She set down the bottle and looked to Jim for a second to see if he wanted one. "For a Philosopher Brujah he's one fucked up set of half assed traditions but man don't ever suggest he's off in any manner or your trying to run his domain and he gets assed up. I thought working for John Q Public was bad but he's something else."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:45 am

Jim nodded. "Yep, please..." He said to Shauna before looking at Gris. "I thought Philadelphia was rough but at least it followed some the same political rules as other places. Here is very different... but if one thinks about it, I should have known it would be different. I mean, this place gets hammered by weather all the time, how the 2000 election played out and it's the Land of the Mouse Empire where dreams or fantasies can come true for a price...

"I'd bet money that Walt was a Ventrue or had ties to them, with how successful that little drawing of a scrawny mouse became."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:49 am

Shauna snorted at the last comment and handed him the B&T she had made and pouring another for herself.
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:58 am

"What? He was Ventrue connected or had a Malk in his corner..."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:21 pm

Looking back to Griselda, he continued... anyways on a different topic, what craziness has kept you busy lately or is things I don't need to worry about taking you to the funny farm outside Berlin?"
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:23 pm

She sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

"Christ, this domain is full of in-fighting and back-biting and it's just insane."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:29 pm

Shuana looked up as she finished the pour of her own and took a swing. "Yea I know. Its why I got out of the position. Its business as usual. Now I really don't care what happens to anyone but my friends and they are damn few and far between."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:36 pm

She took another drink with a nod and a groan.

"Oh, I know. And then there's the internal threat I have to worry about -- speaking of. Both of you be careful of Areron. She's got a nasty habit of people around her falling down dead."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:56 pm

A snort. "In-fighting and back biting... Sounds like a bored Kindred Domain to me," Jim chuckled darkly. "Just before one of them lets in the Sabbat or Setites unleash a new drug craze to get followers."

A shrug as he pulled a cigar out. "If this Areon is a previous problem you expect more from, bend His Grace's ear and get her tossed out of here. Just because one is a Cam citizen with status does not mean they can go to just any domain... he can tell her get out you know," Jim said. "Or you as Sheriff can give warning to her in no uncertain terms that her habits are not going to be tolerated at all... but that is giving her warning. Might not want to do that..."

A sigh as he walked over to a locked cabinet and popped the lock. "I.." He said. "I'm thinking you need something stronger than a beer and cleaner than the crap the Setite bar is selling..." Reaching in to the cabinet, Jim pulled out a bottle of MacClellan 20 year.
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:19 pm

"Areron." Shauna said and nodded giving herself a mental note. "Jim I'll stick with this." Shauna said raising the beer. "It's colder."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 10:23 am

She shook her head at Jim.

"Can't. I'm honor-bound to protect her. Ergo, dilemma."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 11:55 am

"Doesn't that put you in the range of badness?"
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 11:57 am

She grimaced.

"Kind-of. It means I have to be more careful than I would like to be, to keep from being put into more danger. Delicate balance. Hence, drink and relaxation. It's stressful as all hell to maintain that balance."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:23 pm

Shauna nodded. "Like approaching a structure fire. you know goign it its hot and you know its involved but what you don't know until you hit the roof is if its still intact underneath you."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 6:38 am

"There is honor bound to protect her from external issues..." Jim mused, "Then there is protecting her from herself. The former you can be held to... the self-inflicted, you have no responsibility for unless she is simply ignorant of the dangers. If not, all she is doing is abusing the pledge in order to fuck with you... Haquim provides an out for that in his Laws, by the way...

God help you if she does do something that causes Jamie to rule her persona non-grata; you are gonna be in a pickle then- his Word is Law by both codes as well as Tradition as long as he's not being stupid about how he words the directive... and you will have to abide by his words as his Right Arm or betray your position to protect her from him."

Only way to avoid that conflict as I see it is to resign sheriff-ship or vacate the Oath to protect her. Neither is exactly a great idea for very different reasons..."

He shook his head. "What a pickle... You at least do have an out if she's deliberately getting herself in over her head expecting you to save her bacon. Oaths are not suicide pledges... unless it is supposed to be such. My experience anyway."

Jim pulled out a solo-cup and poured some of the scotch into it for Griselda, handing her result of the two inch pour.
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 7:37 am

Shauna Looked at Jim and shook her head. "You don't bloody well know the nature of the Oath taken or how it came to pass either there big man." She waggled a finger to him.
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 7:42 am

"Nope I don't.... I'm using Joe Generic thinking here along with the two specific other types I Do know about..." Jim replied. "Just sayin'."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just another sunday night (open to any with access) - Frogman's Lilypad
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next