Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad Empty
PostSubject: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Jim sat on the back patio, a small reading lamp attached to a stand overlooking his seat as he read the very thick book.  A cigar smoldered in an ashtray next to him and a beer sat on the ground next to his seat.  The fire-pit burned low nearby and gave a slight counter-glow to the small reading light.

It was a quiet night... and one rare to have.

Last edited by Storyteller on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:31 pm

Shauna was also reading and when she heard a particular address mentioned she turned up the scanner that was always with her. "Regency." She said softly. "Somethings up."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:36 pm

Jim looked over at her. "Fire or police?" He asked. "Either is unusual in PSL on a Sunday."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:43 pm

"Police and EMS. Likely a medical call of some kind." Shauna said and went back to reading her book.
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:49 pm

"Ah... well, given most kindred won't go near the place other than the Officers now, I'm fairly certain it's something mortal related," Jim said. "Likely someone got drunk, slipped in the pool or something equally benign... something silly."

Lifting his cigar, he took a draw upon it, the glow brightening a bit by the draw of air through it. "Keeping eyes away from anywhere upstairs is the New Keeper's job now, whoever it is."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Shauna shrugged. "Keeper is only responsible for the floor and peoples comings and goings. I have no idea how security is witht he ban in effect." She sounded slightly concerned. "But like you said I'm sure they have it well in hand."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:02 pm

"Yeah, I know... but anything that happens there can be cause for concern for whoever is keeper now." Jim replied with a shrug. "Hope whoever his grace picked to replace you is able to do the job... Otherwise, there will be headaches. not our problem though..."

He set the book down. "Want a beer?"
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:06 pm

"Sure." She said. "I'm not even on call tonight."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Jim got up. "I was wondering... as y'all was home and reading out here instead of doing paperwork. Paperwork that always seems to get you called when you are in the middle of it." The Tremere made his way to the door at the kitchen and within seven seconds, returned with a Bitburger, already opened for her.

"Madame..."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:23 pm

"Sir." She said and took it. "If I were Keeper still I'd likely be there since it IS my night off." And with that she drank a good swig from the bottle.
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:30 pm

"Yeah..." jim replied as he took his seat once more. "you would be... and that would suck. Here's to not having a job you don't get support in..."

He lifted his beer in toast.

Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:34 pm

And she drank to that too and placed it on the side with her book.
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:41 pm

He set his beer back on the ground and returned to reading the very dry book, cigar in hand.
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:30 am

Shauna closed her eyes. "They will call if they need us." She whispered.
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:04 pm

A cocked eyebrow. "Yeah.... they will."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:16 pm

Shauna nodded her eyes opening. "They won't you know." She said. "They never do." Shauna was in one of her moods now. The ones that had Anarch written on them.
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:34 pm

"Nope... they won't," He said. "They didn't in Philly either until someone realized that they were being stupid and made a point ot ask for Help." Jim tapped the ash off his cigar.

"Liam was smarter than this one, Shauna..." He said. "As much a stubborn bastard as he was, he did know his limitations and was unafraid to bring in those he knew could do the job. Its why he asked you to help... and asked me to be his Sheriff... We weren't owned and he knew it."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:05 pm

"Too young to be any good here I think." She said softly. "I don't know about you but EVERYONE seems to be an elder here or claim it. I'm considering it a vacation spot for now."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:04 am

"Yeah... it does seem that way," He said. "Too damn many of them; Assamites from the other side of the fence would have a field day here. Or at least try to."

He shook his head. "Crazy..."

His phone chirped then and he looked at the number. "Hrm... a call from Philly."

Lifting the phone he answered

Hello?
Heya what's up? How's you-

Seriously? When did it happen?

Ok... thank you for the call. You didn't have to.

Yeah well, tell him he's too good for them up there.

Alright. Later"

He hung up. "Shit."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:12 am

Shauna looked over at him with a raised eyebrow. "Field trip?"
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 12:37 pm

"Possibly..." Jim said as he looked at Shauna. "That was Rena... she felt I should know Bill Shultz died last night. Rishi gave her the number; he's busy verifying the infernal critter Bill took down with him didn't have friends..."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Shauna looked displeased by the news. "Are you sure?"
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:16 pm

He set the phone down. "Rena said Rishi told her that Prince Cole and a few others were near when it happened," Jim replied. "Rishi is a comedian at times but he wouldn't shit me about this. Rena wouldn't either."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Shauna folded her hands into her lap. "Jim I'm sorry for your loss." She said softly. "He was a decent Kindred and a good person."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 6:18 pm

A quiet nod. "He always thought you were under-appreciated by your Clan, Shauna..." Jim replied. "He was happy to back you in coming back to the Cam; both politically and personally... he made it to Regent, incidentally..."

He stood. "I'll be back in a sec." The Tremere went inside the house and came back with a bottle of German Schnaps along with a pair of glasses.

"This is Straight stuff...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad   Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunday nights (open to those with Access) - Frogman's Lilypad
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next