Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:56 pm

"Taking the primogenship. I should have stayed in Milan."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:58 pm

Her brow rose.

"Why would you think that?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:01 pm

"The only way he has a choice is if the bond is broken. It's the only way."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:03 pm

She folded her hands and brought them up to her lips, obviously thinking.

"Cass, are you leaving Alex?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:05 pm

"It's not leaving, not really. I'll always be his if he'll have me. But the decision has to be his. And at the moment, it's not."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:09 pm

She frowned.

"I can break his bond, Cass. I can do it... but it's painful. Extremely so."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:10 pm

"I won't cause him pain. He's been through enough pain to last a lifetime."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:11 pm

She tilted her head in thought.

"Cass... how bound to you is he? Is it a full bond?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:12 pm

Cass nodded. 

"Fully to me, as I am to him."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:14 pm

She frowned.

"I remember being told once that a full bond will break all lesser ones. But if it's a full bond, there's not really any way, Cass. I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:19 pm

"It's not your fault, don't be sorry."

She shook her head, shrugged a little and started to back away.

"I've got my books, my computers. My health, too, right?"

She was dying inside, but she hid it well. It didn't make it easier.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:21 pm

She rose to her feet. She let her toes dig into the sand a little bit, but she shook her head.

"No, Cass," she said quietly, taking a step toward the Toreador. "Don't run away from me. Please? I'm kind-of familiar with this one."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:24 pm

"I'm not running from you..."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:25 pm

"But you're running away. Maybe not from me, but from the situation or... something."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:29 pm

"Griselda, I don't know who I am anymore. Nothing makes sense. Maybe that's why it feels like he's pulling away. That everyone's pulling away. I'm not... me anymore. You've noticed it. So has Teddy... and everyone else that knew me when I got here. If Alex loves me, it's for who I was and not who I am. How could he if even I am having an identity crisis?"

She looked out at the sea, eyes squinted as she looked at the stars.

"I haven't been out to see this... not in months. Not days, not weeks... Months. I only leave the confines of my room to do my patrols or work on the school. That's it. I'm stuck and I can't get out of it. Nothing holds the same kind of passion anymore."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:38 pm

She shook her head.

"Listen to me. I fell in love a very long time ago with a man that I knew I could never be with. And I lived with that, I pined for it. And every day, I kicked myself for it. But you know what? He fell in love with me, too. And like a couple of morons, we never thought that we would ever be together. So we never let ourselves be together. I went through no less than eight changes -- personality, beliefs, changing everything -- and he went through several, too."

"It doesn't matter. If he loves you, he fucking loves you. Do you know where that man and I am today? He's told me that if I held any sort of christian beliefs and we weren't Kindred, he would have proposed to me already. You do not get to decide if he loves you or not. He gets to decide that. He deserves that respect from you, if he deserves nothing else. Everyone changes. The world turns. Get over it and let Alex make his own choices. You took over as Primogen because that needed to happen. And you need to get over this, talk to your husband, find out what he actually wants and give him a chance to be the man you want him to be."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:44 pm

"You say it like it's so God damned easy... Get over it..."

She shook her head.

"When I get over it, I'll let you know."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:49 pm

She shook her head.

"It is that simple. It takes time, obviously. It took me at least two lifetimes or more. But you know what? It happened. And from someone with experience, Cass, don't wait that long. Talk to him. Tell him what you're dealing with. He took vows with you, made them to you. While I don't know exactly what was said, I'm pretty sure that it boils down to the two of you, together, until death. You try to Lone Ranger this, Cass and you're right... he'll pull away from you. Because you push him away."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:55 pm

She was quiet for a long time.

"I'll talk to him."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:57 pm

She stared at the Toreador for a long time, then shook her head.

"You're not going to talk to him. I'll talk to Orie, let her know that Alex might need a friend soon."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 11:04 pm

Her head snapped toward Griselda. That was the straw. She couldn't hold back her emotion any longer. But it wasn't anger that the Sheriff saw. It was utter sadness.

"Is that what you think? Is that truly what you think?"

The tears were uncontrolled streams, she couldn't stop them if she wanted to.

"I needed someone to talk to. I needed a friend. I'm sorry to have burdened you so that you think I would lie about something like talking to another. Do what you must and I will gladly pay for this mistake."

She turned and began to head back the way she came.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 11:08 pm

She jogged to catch up with Cass.

"No. It's not that I think you're lying. I think that I know this story. I know how it goes. Because you and I aren't so very different. I know how this goes because I've lived it. I've been there, Cass. And what I think? I think you've already made up your mind. I think that it doesn't matter in the least what he might say to you, even if you do pluck up the courage to talk to him. I'm telling you this because I don't want you to have to go through what I've gone through and there's nothing I can do to help you."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 11:15 pm

"I would believe anything he told me, Griselda. Anything," she said loudly as she turned to look at her. "And I would stay if he asked me to. I have and would go to the ends of the earth for him, as many times as I had to. I'd die for him."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 11:18 pm

She met the Toreador's eyes evenly.

"Do you love him enough to torture him to free him? Do you love him enough to torture yourself to free him, Cass?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 11:22 pm

"I cannot see him to be tortured... But there's no way around that, is there? If I love him, I let him go... It doesn't ring true for us any longer, does it? My own torture is of no consequence."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach   Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Come Sail Away (Cass) - Bathtub Beach
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next