Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic Empty
PostSubject: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:03 pm

Jack hadn't been to work, he hadn't returned her texts.  She finally drove over to his house to find out where he has been.

Last edited by Storyteller on Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:23 pm

He was still living in the attic apartment which meant that as she knocked, a few moments passed before the sound of feet shuffling across the floor could be heard, followed by the door being opened.

"Oh" he looked a bit surprised, but otherwise like himself. He was dressed in jeans and little else at the moment, his hair looking as if it had decided to rebel against the hair brush.

"Come in" still polite, he stepped aside and held the door for her.
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:24 pm

"Hey....." she replies, stepping inside "I haven' heard from ye in a while...."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:27 pm

He'd wait until she was inside before closing the door, one hand lifting to scratch the back of his neck.
"I've been a bit busy" he apologized.

The place looked like it always did, not as clean as some kept it, not as messy as others kept it.
The only difference was the stone lion in the corner and the ropes hanging from the ceiling near it and the two baskets that stood on the floor. None of them looked like they'd been slept in for a while though.

"Sorry about that. I made sure my shifts were covered though" Jack added as he moved over to the kitchen corner. "You want some coffee?"
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:30 pm

"I don' know. I guess i' depends on if ye wan' ta actually talk or no'...."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:31 pm

He sighed, but went about getting himself a cup anyways.
"Sure, talk. You're the one who said you were too tired to discuss it the night you came home" though he didn't sound angry.
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:37 pm

She frowns slightly, moving to the couch and sitting down "Wha' do ye wan' me ta say? I don' even know why ye are upset"
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:39 pm

"Because" and he couldn't believe he had to even say it. "You're apparently staying with me because you're afraid of what Eve would do if you left. And you kissed another man. How do you want me to react?" he reached into a nearby cabinet and picked out a small pill bottle, popping the top to take out two before placing it away again.
"I'm not angry, Abby... I just... thought we had a good thing" but he did sound genuinely hurt even if he was putting on a kind smile for her as he downed the pills with the coffee.
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:42 pm

"Tha' isn' exactly how tha' wen'......an' I told ye from tha beginning....I tol' ye how I didn' think I could resist......"
She stares at the pill bottle, unasked question in her eyes
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:47 pm

"Doesn't change the whole thing about staying with me because of her..." he still couldn't believe she could think so little of him. "If you can't resist, then I guess you can't resist" though he was having trouble understanding that. "I'm sorry tough... I know I'm not the greatest catch in the world, but I'm not gonna be content being second choice" Jack shook his head, having taken another sip of his coffee. "I can't go around wondering if the next time he shows up you're gonna go with him again"
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:52 pm

"Tha' won' be a problem...." she says quietly
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:54 pm

"No it's not" he smiled, pausing again before speaking. "Sure you don't want a cup? It's pretty good"
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:55 pm

"Ye aren' listening ta me...."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:56 pm

He sighed, putting the cup down.
"Fine, what am I not listening to?" he asked as he rested his hands on the bench he was leaning back against.
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:58 pm

"I' won' be an issue because we talked an' lines were drawn an' I came home. Bu' ye aren' seein' tha' Ye are jus' lookin' a' half tha story....."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:01 pm

"Lines were drawn... by him, or you?" because that mattered. "Did you come home because you wanted to? Or because you were told to..."
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:03 pm

"Both. An' because I wanted to"
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:06 pm

He was having some trouble believing that, and it showed even as he lowered his gaze to stare at the floor for a few moments.
"Eve if that's true... tell me how I'm suppose to feel about the idea that you've stayed with me because you've been afraid of Eve?" Jack lifted his head slightly, and while he wasn't crying, the fact was that the tears were lingering there at the corner of his eyes. "How am I suppose to feel like I've done anything but rape you..?"
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:17 pm

"Tha' was never said......" she replies, looking pissed off. "Maybe next time ye decide ta spy on me ye will pick an animal tha' understands tha human language a bit more."
She stands up, crossing her arms over her chest. "Ye know, I came here ta actually try ta fix shit bu' ye seem determined ta decide tha I'm tha bad guy here. All based on tha word o' a bloody cat."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:22 pm

He shook his head, lifting a hand to quickly brush the back of it across his eyes.
"I was worried, because you weren't home and I asked the cat because I care. If that's spying then fine, that's spying" but if she wanted to be angry... "You know what, it's probably for the best anyways. I don't wanna spend the last of my time worrying about whether or not he's gonna show up again and your choice will change"
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:25 pm

"Aye, i' is....cause ye couldn' jus' ask me when I go' home.....so obviously ye didn' trust me. For tha record.....he probably will be back an' he will probably be checkin' in......as a friend. Like I said, lines were drawn." she pauses a moment  "....an' wha' do ye mean by tha?"
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:27 pm

Jack shook his head.
"Nothing" he said quietly, nudging the cabinet door shut as he leaned away from the counter.
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:31 pm

"No.....i' isn' nothin'. Tell me wha' ye mean"
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:34 pm

"It's nothing to worry about, Abigail" he insisted, moving over to pick a t-shirt up off the chair and pulling it on. "Things are normal around here" and well, that was true actually.
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:45 pm

She watches him a moment before just walking in to the kitchen and grabbing the pill bottle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time to Talk (Jack) - Jack's Attic
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next