Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Looking for her Lady (Griselda)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 4:38 pm

She reached out and took Rachel's hand, following Beryl up the hill.
Back to top Go down
AST Killinger
Admin
AST Killinger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 11:54 am

At the top of the hill, there were rocks and old pieces of fence scattered about. There were post holes in the ground that were now being used to by all manner of creatures, including snakes and voles. But there was no other evidence, even in the long grass that anything used to be there. It was just an opened space, with bumps and holes in the ground that looked eroded.

Beryl stood a good football field's length from where the edge dropped down to the beach. She pointed in front of her, a vague thing to do when there was nothing there for reference. "The front door was there, the porch wrapped around the side. We had a swing, too."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 3:16 am

She pulled a small pad of paper out of her pocket and started to note down, roughly, the address of where the house once stood.

"All right. I will need to do some research. What did the box mean to you?"
Back to top Go down
AST Killinger
Admin
AST Killinger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 7:09 pm

"It was the only possession I was allowed to bring into the marriage. It was mine..."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:16 am

She blinked at that.

"Wait. What? The only possession you could bring into the marriage?"
Back to top Go down
AST Killinger
Admin
AST Killinger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:24 am

"I was allowed one object from home to take with me. It is what I chose."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:43 am

She nodded.

"All right. And you lived here your entire marriage?"
Back to top Go down
AST Killinger
Admin
AST Killinger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:44 am

"Yes, I did. It was only a few years."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:07 pm

She nodded.

"All right. I may have more questions for you soon, but I'm going to go see if I can track down your husband first."
Back to top Go down
AST Killinger
Admin
AST Killinger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:12 pm

She gave a nod and moved to sit where the porch used to be, humming softly.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 1:09 pm

She turned to look at the ghost again..

"You wouldn't happen to have something that was his, would you?"
Back to top Go down
AST Killinger
Admin
AST Killinger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:39 pm

She looked up and gave a little shrug.

"In my tomb... When I woke up, my baby's skeleton was with me."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:45 pm

She seemed a little saddened by that.

"Come with me?"
Back to top Go down
AST Killinger
Admin
AST Killinger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:48 pm

With a nod she stood, but she was otherwise emotionless as she began to lead Griselda and Rachel back to the cemetery.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 11:17 pm

She was taking careful, measured steps. Because she didn't want to upset Beryl anymore. Back to the cemetery they went, toward Beryl's tomb.
Back to top Go down
AST Killinger
Admin
AST Killinger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 11:34 am

She led them back through the maze of trees on one end of the cemetery, onto a forgotten path and through a dense mass of foliage. And there was Beryl's broken tomb in bits and pieces. Small bones and dead rats were scattered among the debris. Again, she pointed to the tomb, but she did not near it, herself.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:19 pm

She looked so sad when she saw the broken tomb. Gently, with great care, she approached it. She almost seemed hesitant to touch anything.

"Oh, Beryl. What happened here?"
Back to top Go down
AST Killinger
Admin
AST Killinger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:22 pm

"I had to get out. So... I got out." It was likely in her disorientation, that all of her strength was focused on the stone and wood that held her. She took out quite a bit of aggression in this spot.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:29 pm

She nodded.

"And your child?"
Back to top Go down
AST Killinger
Admin
AST Killinger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 9:06 pm

"The child was not yet born," she replied, making the implication quite clear.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 1:04 pm

She frowned.

"I thought you died in childbirth, though?"
Back to top Go down
AST Killinger
Admin
AST Killinger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 10:21 am

She nodded. "Technically, I did. What he did spurred labor. I would have died either way. It was more acceptable in polite society to say my death was attributed to childbirth. I was dead before he was out. And he was dead before he was out."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:32 pm

She frowned.

"What spurred your labor?"
Back to top Go down
AST Killinger
Admin
AST Killinger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 7:41 pm

"He... he beat me to death... He hit me everywhere he could reach."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 4:23 am

She frowned.

"What set him off, Beryl?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for her Lady (Griselda)    Looking for her Lady (Griselda)  - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for her Lady (Griselda)
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next