Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's This? (A Wedding)

Go down 
+20
Medwyn
Griselda Johns
James McKay
Audrina Clayton
Abigail O'Reilly
Sean Black
Guinevere
Miyu
Rhiana
Jamie
Joseph McKenzie
Sephtisa
Greer Harrington
Rachel Summers
Penny P
Matieu
Victor Steele
Zach McKenzie
Oriella
Storyteller
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 3:45 am

The priest had been caught in traffic for a few moments. So he was running a bit behind, but only by about five minutes. He arrived, giving nods to any who seemed to be looking his way or giving him stink-eye for being late. Due to his tardiness, however, he didn't stop to chat with anyone. He was making his way to the front of the clearing so that he could open his Bible and begin his own preparations, wrapping the stone around his shoulders and waiting patiently for the groom to join him at the front of the room - and everyone else to simmer down so that the ceremony could begin.
Back to top Go down
Guinevere
Methuselah
Guinevere

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 5:14 am

Jamie wrote:
The Prince was dressed formally. He had Guinevere on one arm and his daughter on the other. And he looked somewhat grumpy about the whole thing, but all in all, someone was actually making an honest woman out of his cousin for once, so he couldn't complain much. He just didn't have to like it.

Guinevere was on his arm, she knew they had upset his daughter but by the look of things they weren't that late; the Priest was.
Back to top Go down
Penny P
Elder
Penny P

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 5:20 am

Salif wrote:

"Hi," he said with a friendly smile. "I'm Salif." He offered her a hand to shake.

"Hi I'm Penny, I'm the Father of the Bride's date, nice to meet you Salif. Who's your charming date?" nodding towards Greg, and not any girl there.
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 5:33 am

Medwyn wrote:
Of course, because she was both family and Ali's boss, Medwyn had to show up. With Ali on his arm and a half-smile for most people, he just made his way to the 'bride's side' of the seating and sat down, since they were running a little behind. That was his fault. Ali was ridiculously efficient at getting ready to go out.

Ali bucked the trend and was in green but she did look quite appropriate on Medwyn's arm.
Back to top Go down
Audrina Clayton
Neonate
Audrina Clayton

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:12 am

Victor Steele wrote:

"Yes..." he smirked. "On time, cleaned up and in a suit. Impressive. I'll introduce you after the ceremony, you'll like him.  Want to bet on who catches the bouquet?"

She smiled.

"Okay. And um...." she looked around and just picked somebody at random, which happened to be Penny. "I'm going to guess her. You?"
Back to top Go down
Erik Johns
Methuselah
Erik Johns

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:14 am

Storyteller wrote:
The priest had been caught in traffic for a few moments. So he was running a bit behind, but only by about five minutes. He arrived, giving nods to any who seemed to be looking his way or giving him stink-eye for being late. Due to his tardiness, however, he didn't stop to chat with anyone. He was making his way to the front of the clearing so that he could open his Bible and begin his own preparations, wrapping the stone around his shoulders and waiting patiently for the groom to join him at the front of the room - and everyone else to simmer down so that the ceremony could begin.

Father thanks for joining us" he whispered to the priest as he joined him up front with Matieu and Sean.
Back to top Go down
Salif
Elder
Salif

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:14 am

Penny P wrote:

"Hi I'm Penny, I'm the Father of the Bride's date, nice to meet you Salif.  Who's your charming date?" nodding towards Greg, and not any girl there.

He grinned. "That," his smile grew wider, "Is Greg. My boyfriend of nearly three years now and the manager of Maison d'Alucard. And it's a pleasure to meet you, Penny."
Back to top Go down
Penny P
Elder
Penny P

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:16 am

"it's nice to meet you too, looks like we are about to start..." looking as the men got in place.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:16 am

Erik Johns wrote:

Father thanks for joining us" he whispered to the priest as he  joined him up front with Matieu and Sean.

He smiled at Erik and looked a little sheepish.

"My apologies. Car accident on US1, got stuck behind it for a few moments. You ready?" he asked, already starting to raise his arms to shush everyone so that the music could begin.
Back to top Go down
Sean Black
Elder
Sean Black

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:19 am

Sean was actually not late. He just hadn't been seen yet because he had been busy making sure any last-minute security concerns were taken care of. Which is why there were a dozen Russians that encircled the grove and he had been speaking with them in regards to what to do and when to do it. Because of this, it seemed like he was late, but he had been early, in fact. Just the last minute work.

Now, however, he was joining Erik at the front of the grove near the priest, grinning like a fool. Because he found this whole thing funny.
Back to top Go down
Salif
Elder
Salif

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:20 am

Penny P wrote:
"it's nice to meet you too, looks like we are about to start..." looking as the men got in place.

He nodded. "I'm one of the bride's three best friends. Let's see if she ran away screaming or not, shall we?"

He turned to watch as the music started and the procession was about to begin.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:21 am

The music began - and now it was on the ladies. Were they there or did they run away? Time to find out.
Back to top Go down
Joseph McKenzie
Elder
Joseph McKenzie

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:28 am

He tucked his daughter's hand into the crook of his arm and stood behind Rachel and Tisa, waiting for their turn. And the sooner the better; his child might literally explode if this wasn't underway very soon.
Back to top Go down
Sephtisa
Fledgling
Sephtisa

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:29 am

Tisa was first in her pale purple dress, heading down the isle with her flowers and going to her spot.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Summers
Methuselah
Rachel Summers

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:31 am

Rachel looked at Griselda, "I've got tissue's." she whispered, then went down the isle with a bright smile and wink at Salif as she headed down the aisle to her place.
Back to top Go down
Salif
Elder
Salif

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:32 am

Rachel Summers wrote:
Rachel looked at Griselda, "I've got tissue's." she whispered, then went down the isle with a bright smile and wink at Salif as she headed down the aisle to her place.

He returned Rachel's wink with a bright smile.
Back to top Go down
Rhiana
Elder
Rhiana

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:33 am

Next came the Prince's daughter. Who was absolutely adorable in her purple dress. She was making a show of dropping her pretty purple flower petals, but not enough to make a fuss. She made sure that the bride had a pretty bed of sprinkled petals to walk on, then stood off to the side with a smile - the most well-behaved 6-year-old that the world has ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:35 am

And now it was the priest's turn -- sort-of. As there was a quiet hush:

"Please stand in honor of the bride," came his quiet voice that somehow still managed to carry through the clearing.

And as old-fashioned as it might have been, it was indeed the wedding march that started to play.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:40 am

Her father had her hand tucked into his arm, but he could probably feel her shaking. There was the panic again. But it wasn't a terrible panic, just a garden-variety sort of nervousness that accompanied such things.

She was in the dress that was expected, so pretty, with the "shoes" that she had picked out. Her long red curls were down her back, sparkling slightly from the glitter Rachel had insisted on. In her hands, the flowers that had been chosen for her, otherwise, she'd never have chosen them herself.

Yep, she looked a nervous wreck and there were so many people that were all staring on her that made that a little bit worse. But she was there, stepping alongside her father and squeezing his arm tightly enough to hurt, most likely. Point being, she hadn't run away. And she was walking toward a future that just absolutely terrified her. It's all good. I can do this.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:51 am

Even the priest had to stare for a few minutes. Lucky, lucky man was his thought about Erik. But he kept that to himself.

He had been chosen because he wasn't an exceptionally long-winded priest. As the bride made it to the front of the clearing, his voice never wavered.

"Who gives this woman?" he asked, looking at Joseph.
Back to top Go down
Joseph McKenzie
Elder
Joseph McKenzie

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:53 am

He had only done this three times before. Which is why he wasn't particularly nervous or upset.

"I do," he said to the priest, loud enough for the room to hear. "Her father."

And without any further ado, he took Griselda's hand from his arm, put it in Erik's hand - and took his seat next to Penny.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 11:55 am

Ha! They thought he wasn't long-winded. Okay. The Priest began to speak.

"Marriage is a supreme sharing, perhaps the greatest and most challenging adventure in the most intimate of human relationships.

It is the joyful uniting of a man and a woman whose care and affection and understanding have flowered into a deep and abiding love.

Those who take its sacred vows have their lives blended together into one, as the waters of two rivers are joined when they come together to form an even greater one.

A true spiritual marriage is an act of metamorphosis, a profound mystery of creation and rebirth, as two become one.

It is not a giving up or loss of oneself, but rather a giving over of oneself to something greater-a transformation of self in which each one can say, “I am no longer only I but also we.”

It is a process in which each can be challenged to discover new possibilities in themselves and each other.

In such a marriage, the wedding ceremony is the gateway into this mystery.

For the lives the two of you have lived up until this moment are, in some sense, now truly completed and over.

Together you now live within the creation of something wholly new and transcendent, something which has never existed before-your miraculous marriage-an expression that is at once public and private, precious, sacred, and truly unique to the two of you.

In this act, you open yourselves to a fuller experience and expression of the great, vast miracle of love.

No ceremony can create your marriage.

Only you can do that-through love, patience, dedication, perseverance-through talking and listening and trying to understand-through helping and supporting and believing in each other-through learning to forgive, learning to respect and appreciate your differences, and learning to make the important things matter and to let go of the rest.

What this ceremony can do is to witness and affirm the choice you have made to begin a new life today as husband and wife."

He smiled and gestured for everyone to sit.

"Let us pray," he said, starting to recite, from memory, the Lord's Prayer.
Back to top Go down
Erik Johns
Methuselah
Erik Johns

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 12:36 pm

Erik had been speechless, he knew she was beautiful but at this moment she was sublime and his knees would of given way if Matieu hadn't warneed him how beautiful she looked.

He took her hand, listened, did the Lord's Prayer, and now was waiting for the repeat and I Do parts.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 12:44 pm

"Let me charge you both to remember, that your future happiness is to be found in mutual consideration, patience, kindness, confidence, and affection. Erik, it is your duty to love Griselda as yourself, provide tender leadership, and protect her from danger. Griselda, it is your duty to treat Erik with respect, support him, and create a healthy, happy home. It is the duty of each of you to find the greatest joy in the company of the other; to remember that in both interest and affection, you are to be one and undivided."

He lifted his head to look at the gathered people, then to the bride and groom.

"Erik and Griselda, you have made a very serious and important decision in choosing to marry each other today. You are entering into a sacred covenant as life partners in God. The quality of your marriage will reflect what you put into nurturing this relationship. You have the opportunity to go forward from this day to create a faithful, kind, and tender relationship.

We bless you this day. It is up to you to keep the blessings flowing each and every day of your lives together. We wish for you the wisdom, compassion, and constancy to create a peaceful sanctuary in which you can both grow in love.

Erik, do you understand and accept this responsibility, and do you promise to do your very best each day to create a loving, healthy, and happy marriage?"

Back to top Go down
Joseph McKenzie
Elder
Joseph McKenzie

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 12:49 pm

He was amused. But it was a silent amusement, given away only by his smile and the reaching of his hand for Penny's as his eyes were for his daughter and the groom alone. He would give Penny attention soon enough - at the moment, this was for his daughter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's This? (A Wedding)
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next