Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Disco Night (open)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

Disco Night (open) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 1:14 pm

She held up a hand.

"I have to stop you there. Whatever is between Chase and I, to my knowledge, he never cheated on me."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 1:22 pm

"His unsustainable economic fantasies and need to have a harem settle it for me. "
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Her lips twitched, only somewhat amused.

"He does like his harems."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 1:38 pm

"Primitive hunter king with his women. The strong survive, society stagnates, and the heroic ideal dies among disease, poverty and suffering. "
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:02 am

She winced.

"Ouch. I was just reduced to a woman of a hunter-king. Yeesh."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:05 am

Victor laughed "Sorry. You are better than that. But back to reputation. You've got a reputation for honesty, but most of our sort who have any sort of standing tend to at least keep the letter of our word and bond. But that's not why Miyu let you operate on her. My banker sense told me I could trust you, not to keep the letter of a bargain, but to actually do the right thing because it was right."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:16 am

She thought about that, then took a sip of scotch.

"You know, my giving Miyu back her voice and fixing your leg had nothing at all to do with doing the right thing. I just don't like to see people struggling. If I can change that, I usually will."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:19 am

"That is the right thing to you" he smiled "You don't like to see people struggle, and if you can fix it, you will. Therefore, it is the correct and right thing for you. I don't like to see hard working people in crippling poverty, so the right thing for me is to try and change that circumstance when I encounter it as best I can."

Victor took a long sip of his drink and continued. "The right thing is nebulous and circumstantial at times."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:25 am

She smirked a little.

"Once upon a time, that was what Chase lived for, you know."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:28 am

"And so now he's changed, but still runs off the momentum of whatever reputation for doing the right thing he developed at the time?"

He drained his glass and debated a refill before deciding against it.

"A man like Chase needs to channel his arrogance into doing the right thing, or he loses sight of it, in the light of his own grandeur and magnificence. This..." Victor smirked "I know from experience"
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:30 am

She tilted her head at him and grinned.

"Did I tell you that I threw a chair at his head?"
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:30 am

"Poor chair" he laughed
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:40 am

She leaned forward and laughed.

"Killed the chair. But he deserved it! Oh, my God, so get this..."

She leaned forward, getting into what was surely 'gossip' mode.

"The night of the dance performance, Erik waited around for me to close up so that he could take me to dinner and then drive me home. So I'm sitting there, eating french toast with Erik and Chase sends me a text message. Says he needs to talk and could I please meet him. I ask him where, he says his study, says that someone took cell phone video of me dancing and it's all over the internet. I told him that I was busy having dinner but would come over after, and he gets all pissy at me, wanting to discuss my 'dinner with the young man who seems to have very quickly replaced' him. So I asked what there was to discuss, because the boy was buying me french toast and tea -- and then it dawned on me that Chase was probably spying on me. So I asked him as much."

She took another drink of her scotch.

"He didn't outright say yes. But he said it was the only way he could see me -- and I think I just right this minute understood the significance of how he didn't directly answer my question. That bastard."

She leaned forward and grinned.

"So I went over there, gave him a hug. He tried to kiss me and I stopped him, because I had just that night talked to Erik and we were discussing the possibility of actually seeing each other exclusively." How's that one for you? Yes, a Kindred, talking about actually being faithful to a mere human... shocking, that. Not sarcasm, either. It really was weird. She had respect for Erik, which was easily heard in her voice. "So then we start to argue. And he said something stupid. So I threw a chair at his head. Oh, I remember what it was. Something about how he bailed for me, to protect me and how he couldn't send me a message. I told him to buy an owl or a carrier pigeon or something because I didn't need to know where he was, just that he was alive. That's all I needed. But he couldn't even give me that. Scratch that -- he wouldn't give me that."

She took another sip of her scotch.

"Apparently, I wasn't important enough to even say 'Hey, I'm working, but I'm alive' to."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:42 am

Victor growled and made grabby hands at the bottle again.

"That man needs taught a lesson in civility and manners."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:46 am

She gave up pouring liquor into the glass and just sat the nearly-empty bottle in front of him. Then she reached behind the bar to produce another bottle of the very fine scotch so that they could both keep drinking.

She shook her head with a snort. "Apparently, my job was to stay at home and bake fucking cookies and fall over in a swoon when he got back. And then he wonders how it is that I can look at this guy who is super sweet, asks me out to dinner and then just hangs out and drinks coffee until I'm ready to leave and think 'you know, maybe I should give that guy a chance'. I mean, tell me honestly. Is it that difficult to figure out why?"
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:47 am

Victor poured more liquor into his glass... he was an American, but he wasn't a savage like Covington after all.

"I honestly wish I could kick his butt. I would take pleasure in that."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:48 am

She leaned slightly forward and grinned.

"I can. And have. And he's lucky that the wall was what I was actually aiming at. If I had hit him in the head with that chair, there's a good chance he wouldn't be walking around right now."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:49 am

Victor scowled. "Hmmph. Old people and their old people powers."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:51 am

She giggled and shook her head, taking a drink from her bottle of scotch.

"No, that's because he riled up my Scottish temper. And there was a chair near me."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 3:04 am

"Sure" he chuckled. "You know handling money has helped me learn to see the brighter side of things"
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 3:06 am

Her brow rose.

"How so?"
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 3:17 am

"Because money is labor and hopes and dreams. Sign a mortgage loan, and you are making the dream of raising a family, growing old and seeing your grandchildren play in the backyard. It becomes a lifetime of Christmas and birthdays, joy and sadness... it becomes a fulfilled dream. And I get to make it come true. "
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 1:08 pm

She smiled, a little sadly.

"A dream none of us will ever be able to have fulfilled."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 1:54 pm

"I get to live it vicariously "
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 2:20 am

She smiled.

"That only works sometimes. You think I should do a country music night in here? Cowboy boots, cowboy hat, line dancing? Shake things up a little?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disco Night (open)
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next