Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's This? (A Wedding)

Go down 
+20
Medwyn
Griselda Johns
James McKay
Audrina Clayton
Abigail O'Reilly
Sean Black
Guinevere
Miyu
Rhiana
Jamie
Joseph McKenzie
Sephtisa
Greer Harrington
Rachel Summers
Penny P
Matieu
Victor Steele
Zach McKenzie
Oriella
Storyteller
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 3:54 pm

She touched Erik's arm first, then sat down in her chair that Erik held out for her, waiting for the guests to also sit and oh, look, there was food in front of her. She liked food.
Back to top Go down
Joseph McKenzie
Elder
Joseph McKenzie

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 4:06 pm

He got the hint. So when his daughter sat, he moved to a table and held out a chair for Penny to sit first.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 4:14 pm

Hints taken, Victor seated Miyu and Audrina before sitting between them himself. This whole family thing was still weird to him.
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:23 am

He sat at the table with Joseph and Penny. He held out the chair for Guinevere, as was polite, then made sure that his daughter was sitting with them as well. He needed the comfort of family at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:27 am

The table for family - holding Jamie, Guinevere, Rhiana, Joseph and Penny all seemed to be full. He didn't mind that, finding a table nearby and holding out a chair for Ali first, then for Abigail because he was polite - and this was a formal affair.
Back to top Go down
Oriella
Methuselah
Oriella

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:30 am

Oriella has never met a stranger. She was perfectly comfortable taking a seat with Salif and Greg, chatting with Greg about Sebastian and why in the hell Bastian hadn't come to the wedding. She sort-of got it, but still, the ghouls -- ALL of the ghouls -- should have been there. And one was missing.
Back to top Go down
Audrina Clayton
Neonate
Audrina Clayton

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:31 am

Victor Steele wrote:
Hints taken, Victor seated Miyu and Audrina before sitting between them himself.  This whole family thing was still weird to him.

She couldn't help but chuckle a little.

"Nothing to fret about, Papa. This is just dinner."
Back to top Go down
Salif
Elder
Salif

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:32 am

Oriella wrote:
Oriella has never met a stranger. She was perfectly comfortable taking a seat with Salif and Greg, chatting with Greg about Sebastian and why in the hell Bastian hadn't come to the wedding. She sort-of got it, but still, the ghouls -- ALL of the ghouls -- should have been there. And one was missing.

He sat with Oriella, not in the least put off by her chattering. She was talking about Bastian and he just resigned himself to having lost his lover to Orie - if only for a short time.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 7:31 am

Audrina Clayton wrote:
Victor Steele wrote:
Hints taken, Victor seated Miyu and Audrina before sitting between them himself.  This whole family thing was still weird to him.

She couldn't help but chuckle a little.

"Nothing to fret about, Papa. This is just dinner."

"Yes" he smiled "I'm still getting used to the whole having a daughter thing. Something I never thought I'd be fortunate enough to have. Just a dinner, but a dinner with a complete family. "
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 8:55 am

greer moved with Jim to a seat.
Back to top Go down
Guinevere
Methuselah
Guinevere

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 8:59 am

She sat in her chair, then reached for his hand once is daughter was seated as well. Then took his hand calmly.
Back to top Go down
Matieu
Fledgling
Matieu

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 9:00 am

Wedding party sitting down, after he held out Tisa's chair, then sitting down himself, and oh look yummy food!
Back to top Go down
Penny P
Elder
Penny P

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 9:08 am

Joseph McKenzie wrote:
He got the hint. So when his daughter sat, he moved to a table and held out a chair for Penny to sit first.

Penny sat down, looking at him, and ready to eat.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 12:11 pm

Griselda, despite her flailing, had thought of everything. The food was served with plates already made - regular food for the humans and the mages, Kindred-friendly food for the Kindred. Just in case there were Kindred who couldn't eat real food, of course - Kindred like Medwyn and Jim and Griselda also got regular food. It was easier to slice the Kindred-friendly food, so that was a wonderful-smelling roast beef that had been infused with blood so that the vampires could eat it, while the regular food also had things like roast beef and - because Griselda had tried very hard to make sure that she had everything covered - she had made sure to have a very, very well done jambalaya as a bit of a nod to Tisa and Matieu.

It was when folks had started winding down with the eating and were chatting more than concentrating on food that the pretty MC stood up again to get everyone's attention so that toasts could be made.
Back to top Go down
Joseph McKenzie
Elder
Joseph McKenzie

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 1:30 am

Joseph cleared his throat and took a glass of champagne. He smiled and rose to his feet.

"As the father of the bride, I think I'm contractually obligated to make a toast," he said with a smile. "Though, I'm pretty sure as the Best Man, you're contractually obligated, too." He pointed to Matieu and winked with a grin. Then his face grew serious.

"When Griselda was four years old, I remember asking her what she wanted to be when she grew up. There were a ton of things, I remember her telling me. She wanted to be a dancer, an author, a farmer - so she could play with horses all day long, she said - a scientist, she wanted to go to the moon. I asked her then if she ever wanted to get married. She wrinkled her little nose at me and said 'Ew, Daddy, no! Boys smell funny!' I remember that like it was yesterday, when she said that and then ran off to kick her brother in the shin - for smelling funny." He smiled at the memory, because he did remember it just like it had happened the previous day.

"As I look at her today, the bride, I can't help but reflect on all the years I was lucky enough to watch her grow and become the beautiful woman she is today. She captured my heart on the day she was born, and I became more and more in awe of her as the years passed by. She's my little girl, my princess and my ray of sunlight, and no matter what her age, she'll always be those things to me." He bowed his head for a moment, then looked up and at Griselda, taking a breath before he continued. "But today as I watch her marry a wonderful man, I'm filled with pride and am confident that she and Erik are about to embark on a wonderful journey filled with the love and happiness that can only come as man and wife. May the two of you always treat each other with love, compassion and kindness. I ask you to join me to today in congratulating the bride and groom and wishing them all the best for a long and happy life together."

He lifted his glass of champagne toward Griselda and Erik, waiting for the rest of the guests to join him before he took a drink.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 1:34 am

Victor rose to join the toast and held up his glass while smiling softly in Griselda's direction.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 12:01 pm

"They still smell funny," she muttered, just barely loud enough to be heard by her father and the rest of the wedding party - then she smiled charmingly toward her father.
Back to top Go down
Penny P
Elder
Penny P

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 12:17 pm

Penny smiled bigger but didn't laugh at Griselda's comment about boy's smelling funny, because to her they never did.
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 12:23 pm

Medwyn wrote:
The table for family - holding Jamie, Guinevere, Rhiana, Joseph and Penny all seemed to be full. He didn't mind that, finding a table nearby and holding out a chair for Ali first, then for Abigail because he was polite - and this was a formal affair.

she sat down when the chair was pulled for her, then now was raising her glass in a toast to the father of the bride, and leaned into Medwyn as she raised her glass.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 12:29 pm

"To the bride and groom," said the MC, raising a glass of champagne and sipping it while he looked for who would be next to speak - and offering the microphone to Matieu because: Best Man.
Back to top Go down
Matieu
Fledgling
Matieu

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 2:14 pm

He was ready and willing to take the microphone:

"I would like to state for the record, I danced with her first."
with a wink at the bride.

"then they danced. But then it became obvious the two of them were much more well suited from hobbies, to interests, and well Erik fell in love that night.  I told him no man that girl is a player, bad news and then" looking at Griselda

"She proved me wrong and him right ever step of the way.  And I found not only a friend, but a new sister - so thank you both for proving this old grumpy Cajun wrong - and may you live many moons together till dah Sun swallow dah earth." raising his glass to them both.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 7:40 pm

She grinned when Matieu winked at her and made his comment about dancing with her first. And she did a good job of looking wounded when he said that he had told Erik she was a player and bad news - if you didn't look closely enough to notice that she still smiled.

But she fairly melted at Matieu's last words and leaned over to kiss his cheek when he sat back down, whispering a soft "Thank you," in his ear.
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 3:04 am

Medwyn leaned over and kissed Ali on the cheek - then stood up to take the microphone. It was only right, really.

"A young woman was once asked, 'What kind of wedding do you want?' She answered: 'I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, a church filled with family and friends. But when I asked him what kind of wedding he wished for, he said the one that would make me his wife.'" Medwyn smiled at that. "I have known Griselda for a very, very long time. I have seen her be annoying and a pain, I have seen her save my life and I have seen, with my own eyes, some of the miracles that she creates. And all that, I've seen, while she has been incomplete."

He smiled at Griselda, but he turned his attention to Erik. "While I might be thoroughly annoyed that you made me get all dressed up, the one thing that I cannot and will never be annoyed by is that you have, whether you meant to or not, made her complete. I imagine that your conversations about this wedding went similarly to the one I just described a few moments ago. And while her miracles have always been wonderful, big or small - I cannot wait to see the miracles that the two of you perform together - for those will not be wonderful. They will be nothing short of spectacular. May you both always manage to complete one another and perform those miracles every day."

He raised his glass to them both and winked at Griselda before sipping from his glass.
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 4:42 am

Ali smiled lovingly at Medwyn, because for him that was a pretty bold and long moment in the spotlight, and she gently leaned over to kiss him.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 10:38 am

That was downright sweet of Medwyn. It seemed like the people at her wedding were bound and determined to make her a pile of mush. She was mostly okay with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's This? (A Wedding)
Page 12 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next