Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
George MacFarlan
Methuselah
George MacFarlan

The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:06 am

They gave her an easy smile.

"We make a lot of people smile, yes."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:05 am

"I can imagine. It's a wonderful ability to have.." being able to make others smile. "Uhm would you like anything? I got some wine from the Setite place that even I can drink. Otherwise I got normal tea and coffee?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.ife.no
George MacFarlan
Methuselah
George MacFarlan

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:49 am

They shook their heads.

"No, thank you."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:02 am

She nodded, though put the kettle on if for no other reason than that she liked the scent of tea. It was an old habit really.

"I managed to get around to getting a piano"
the blond said with a nod at said piano. "I'm not overly good with instruments, so while it sounds good to me I can't guarantee how good it really is" hopefully good enough to serve the intended purpose of teaching her to play.
Back to top Go down
George MacFarlan
Methuselah
George MacFarlan

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:04 pm

They looked at each other, then it was George who answered.

"Do you mind...?"

He was looking in the direction of the instrument, obviously itching to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:26 pm

"Please, go ahead" the blonde smiled, happy to have him try it out since he would actually be able to do it justice as opposed to her.
Back to top Go down
George MacFarlan
Methuselah
George MacFarlan

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:12 pm

George stepped over to the piano and sat down. After a moment, he closed his eyes and began to play.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:17 pm

The blonde listened in silence, her eyes fixed on him and the piano while he played. She wasn't a Toreador, never would be, but it was easy to get caught up in moments like that. And he truly was a talented pianist.
Back to top Go down
George MacFarlan
Methuselah
George MacFarlan

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:37 pm

When he finished, he looked to Matthew. Matthew nodded.

"Seems to be in tune."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:54 pm

"Seems to me it could be out of tune and you'd still make it sound good" Teddy said with a soft chuckle to her voice.
Back to top Go down
George MacFarlan
Methuselah
George MacFarlan

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 11:32 am

They both laughed.

"Oh, but it sounds so much better when it's properly in tune."

"But thank you," they nodded to her.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 1:35 pm

"So it's okay?" she smiled, nodding to the piano. It sounded fine to her.
Back to top Go down
George MacFarlan
Methuselah
George MacFarlan

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:58 am

They nodded.

"Yes, it's perfect."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:59 am

The bright smile was definitively a happy.
"That's great"
Back to top Go down
George MacFarlan
Methuselah
George MacFarlan

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:00 pm

Matthew's turn.

"Can you play anything on piano? Chopsticks?"
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:46 pm

"I can play some pretty basic stuff" she said. "But I do mean basic heh" she wasn't tone deaf, not at all, she'd just never taken the time or had the inspiration to learn how to play something.
Back to top Go down
George MacFarlan
Methuselah
George MacFarlan

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:21 pm

Matthew nodded.

"Show us what you know."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:25 pm

"Alright" she nodded and took a seat, looking over the keys for a moment before starting to play what was a simple children's song from back home. It wasn't outright bad, but it certainly could do with some work to be good. Though she kept the beat at least, although a bit staggering in some places.
Back to top Go down
George MacFarlan
Methuselah
George MacFarlan

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 3:01 pm

George sat down on the bench beside her, helping to show her where she should be putting her fingers. Matthew, behind her, kept time with the song with snaps of his fingers to help her not lose the beat.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 3:06 pm

She was an attentive learner, nodding as they corrected her, asking questions if she was uncertain and doing her best to copy it when they showed her how to do something, seemingly fascinated both by the music as well as how the instrument worked and responded. And happy, excited, to be learning from them judging by her smile.
Back to top Go down
George MacFarlan
Methuselah
George MacFarlan

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 3:26 pm

And they would, if left to their own devices, stay there for hours to teach her how to play.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 3:41 pm

And she'd be happy to spend those hours with them until they had to leave or until Medwyn called.
Back to top Go down
George MacFarlan
Methuselah
George MacFarlan

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:09 am

They would need to leave before Medwyn called. If only because they had a bit of a ways to travel before sunrise. It wasn't the third star on the left, but it was close.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 6:59 am

"I had a great time" Teddy smiled once enough time had passed that they would have to leave, the small blonde walking them to the door. Though it was obvious it was as much spending time with them as getting to learn from them that had her smiling.
Back to top Go down
George MacFarlan
Methuselah
George MacFarlan

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:37 am

They gave her a winning smile in return.

"It is always good to see you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop   The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The sound of a piano (MacFarlans, open) - Creator's Workshop
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next