Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:04 pm

"Ah thank you for coming Michelle" he said when the Lasombra entered. "Please make yourself comfortable, have a cigar if you wish"
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:08 pm

"Thank you for the ...formal... invitation." she said with an amused glint in her eye. Inside joke, apparently. She smiled, butlightly shook her head no. "I don't smoke. Terrible for your health." she smirked at her own joke, bad as it was. "Thank you for the offer, however." she dipped her head to Christine in respect, and wiggled fingers hello to Shauna. "Good evening, ladies." Eyes turned back to Johnathan. "Sorry for my late arrival, busy busy busy."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:13 pm

He chuckled "Sorry. Been busy, invites were less than formal. It's the longest I've been Baron of anything without being shot at, stabbed, staked or chased out of town by rampaging something or another. Takes time to settle in."
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:15 pm

"Give it time..." she teased. "Congratulations on your acquisitions, by the way. I am afraid in the heat of things, before, I didnt mention such."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:26 pm

"It is ok" he smiled "It was hectic the other night."

He looked around at the assembled group. "Thank you all for coming. I have several things to bring up to the family as a whole, but I intend to get unpleasant things done with first."

"This is Anarch Territory. All of the Panhandle west of Jamie Alexander's claims in fact. As a general rule, rules don't apply here. I am bound only to uphold the masquerade, and to ensure any Kindred here uphold it. That's pretty much it. Now with great freedom comes great responsibility, and some folks just don't get that. I'm not saying anybody in this room is like that, in fact I'm not shy about calling people out. But as a reminder, Camarilla status, rank or standing means absolutely nothing up here. Nor do Camarilla laws, customs or traditions. If anyone wishes to bind themselves to the laws of an entity that cannot enforce them on you up here, that is up to you."

As he spoke he looked at the Lasombra

"One Tradition. Just one. The rest are more strongly suggestions at best. I assume we all know the covenants and treaties that govern the Anarch/Camarilla relationship? The Old World mind sees them as surrender documents. I see them as defining the rights and responsibilities of both parties towards each other. We exist, both sides exist, and both sides are seen as two sides of one coin. The Justicars enforce the 2nd without prejudice in regards to Anarch or mainline Camarilla. We are for real, we do hold territory and have power over that territory, and we are not some sort of group that can only exist at the whim or pleasure of any Camarilla Prince."

He looked around the room. "Now I'll shut up and take criticism and questions and then we can move on to the more interesting and beneficial part of the night."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:32 pm

She didn't have anything to say. She simply lit her cigar expertly and sat back.
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:40 pm

She just smirked, as he looked upon her. She let him say his peace, respectfully not interrupting. Even as he was done, she remained quiet. Nothing to say, really. Anything that came out of her mouth, would likely be arguementative. Mother always said, if you didnt have something nice to say... sugar coat it with honey, then stab them in the neck when they were not looking...

Wait... that's not it...

Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Johnathon glanced at Michelle and decided she was going to be a potentially dangerous pain in his ass, and looked at the room as a whole and laughed

"Well since the traditional Anarch posturing of yes, we have rights, and yes I know most people don't care statement has been made, we can get on to more interesting things. This building is a safe house, and open at all times to all of the family. I will work on a couple more in this area, and am wiling to a reasonable extent to share some influences and resources with the family."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:51 pm

She smiled.

"Good. I hate posturing. No one does it as well as I do. And yes, I will be sticking my fingers into your pie. It seems only fair, since you're leaving the door open. But of course, you will have the bulk of the share."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:56 pm

"You've had thousands of years of practice, and people take you seriously, whilst I have only a few years of practice of beating people over the head, while prancing about trying to look pretty. And yes, the pie is open, I really don't have the manpower to keep people out, of course neither does your side have enough to keep me out. So I dip my fingers in the cam pie, you dip yours in the Anarch pie, and life goes on."

"I will not tolerate any outright mucking with elected state government though. At some point we have to keep mortals out of this. Influence elections, push your politicians, but once they are up here, nobody including myself gets to fuck with them."
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Michelle didnt even flinch, in her stance. She was a statue. Not smug, but always confident. She nodded slightly. "I think it best, for me to simply stay out of your territory, Mr. Grant. I am not of your family, and it is probably for the best, in all honesty. Keeps things simpler, that way." she smiled, sweetly. Honey sweet.

"I do appreciate the offer, however. Oh... and I am still working on locating the man that resembles yourself. It will take some time, however.. and... my mother will likely be arriving, to help me on the matters." That only ment one thing. An old Lasombra was coming to play.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:02 pm

She chuckled.

"I trust the lobbyists are still available, though?"

Then she turned to Michelle.

"Okay. Explain this to me. Now. What is your problem with my boy?"
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:04 pm

"I thought your Sheriff had that under control? As for staying in or out, that is the amazing thing about open borders, do as you wish I cannot stop you, nor do I desire it. I do trust you will keep in mind the amount of work I have gone through to forge a solid peace and understanding with your Prince."

"And yes Praetor, lobbyists are available. We will discuss that one later I think" he grinned
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:08 pm

Michelle perked a brow. "I have no problem, Primogen Lowrey. None at all. I simply find that while I am under Ventrue represenation, it is best and safest to make the lines clear... I am not Ventrue, and I will not attempt to reap any benifits that comes amongst Ventrue clanmates. I am not Anarch, and do not wish to blur the lines in the sand between factions. There is a reason there are sides. We have a vastly difference in opinions and styles."

She shrugs softly. "While I do not fault him for his beliefs or opinions, because I do not share then... it is best to not enter into things with him that may cause conflicts of interest to arise."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:24 pm

"As you wish Michelle. Your honesty is appreciated."
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Michelle looked to him, pointedly. There as no malice, or ill will in her tone. It was almost apologetic.

"When you were but a single Anarch... a normal kindred, it was easy to overlook the boundries between our sects. I was more than willing to cross some lines, to help out and be more than just civil. However... you taking up the title of Baron... it changes things. It has to. I wish it didnt, but for me, it does. "
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:40 pm

He shrugged "As you say. I find the title annoying, it smacks of primitive feudalism and allegiance to a Prince. I prefer something like Governor or to take a page from Mark Twain, 'Boss' Although" he said with a twinkle in his eyes "A 19th Century Ventrue Anarch is never... normal"
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:44 pm

She nodded, and smiled, then turned her head to Lowrey. "See? No problems."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:03 am

She nodded.

"Very well. If that is how you see things, then you may go."
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:40 am

"It has nothing to do with my perceptions, Primogen Lowrey. It is how things are, for me. Being closely associated with a Baron, could lead to more problems than I care to take on. It is with no disrespect, that I say these things... I simply cannot afford to draw negative attention, and run a woman's shelter. I have to keep things as safe for the girls, as can be."

Her smile faultered, a touch. Lips dropped into something more neutral. "If you wish me to depart, however, I understand." She offer a small, but polite curtsey.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:31 am

"My dear, if you are not going to be fully a part of this clan, then you have no purpose at these meetings."

There was no judgement. Simply cold fact.
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:22 am

"I see..." speaking of cold, that tone was icey as well. "If being apart of this clan, means I am required to step into relations with Anarchs in any other manner than a simple and civil one... if it means I am not permitted to turn down Anarch Hospitality... and if it means I am to be ejected, for expressing such things, at what is supposed to be a Clan meeting... very well." she stated, rather unemotionally.

She already curtsied, so now, simply turned on a heel.
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:01 am

Johnathon sighed and looked about the room and then to Michelle. "I require nothing of that, and regret you consider me a political liability that may cause harm to your charitable endeavors, a pity as rather than duplicate such efforts as you are engaged in, I would simply ask about you expanding such up here."
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:57 am

"If the circumstance were different, I would have loved to..." she spoke as she began to walk away, tossing Grant a look that said she had ment those words. The glance was momentary, and she calmly walked to the doors, to depart.
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:31 am

"I would advise driving for cam territory direct then, as you are a great distance from psl, and I don't wish to offend you with my hospitality. "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)   Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not in kansas anymore (ventrue,)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next