Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor Empty
PostSubject: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 1:42 am

She had sent out the calls through her Butler.  Now, she waited patiently in her office for them to arrive.

Last edited by Storyteller on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:49 am

About an hour later, Jim would drive up in the Jeep, music blaring as he pulled up to a stop. Killing the engine (which also killed the radio, he slipped out of the door-less vehicle and lifted his ] black stetson out of the back. Setting the hat on his head, he headed up the walkway to the Manse.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 1:04 pm

The door was opened by a man that had the look that one thinks of when one thinks Butler.

"Mr. Ganic, I presume?"
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:45 pm

"You would presume correctly, good sir." He said politely. "I believe the lady is expecting me."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:44 am

He nodded.

"If you'll follow me?"

And he led the Tremere into the large house and back to the office.

"Mr. Ganic to see you, Ma'am."

She rose from behind the desk with a smile.

"Thank you, Richard."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:51 pm

Jim removed his hat and followed the Servant.

When he was led into the room where she was, he waited for the Butler to depart. "Ms. Lowrey..."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:58 pm

She gestured for him to sit in one of the chairs in front of the desk, sitting herself as the Butler left.

"Christine, please. Now, explain better the letter I received from you."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Christine," Jim said. "Bella was stupid, made herself look bad and wrecked the perception of Sanctity and the reputation of the Prince's Elysia as being Safe to be in. I and Shauna attempted to call her on that and get her to realize how stupid she looked in what she wrote.... and she went running to the Prince like a spoiled brat who has Daddy wrapped aropund her finger."

A pause. "Judging by his response, she does... and I so don't support spoiled brats who not only don't know how to do a job but can't take heat for being stupid when called on it. Those types get people killed... both when Mortal and Kindred. I've seen both happen and that shit pisses me off.

"Therefore, I rescinded Tremere Support for her... I am prepared to be flying alone on this; I hope I won't be though."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:31 pm

She nodded.

"I see. I will meet with her and speak on this. This is quite disappointing. But I will make my own decision."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:45 pm

"Christine, all I can ask of you is weigh what has transpired and read what Ms Maurice wrote with what I have said in mind." Jim replied. "I may be off base... I readily admit this which I should think is rare enough in Kindred to admit mistakes... but damn it, I knw in here and here" he pointed at his head and heart, "that I am right.... and if you wanna demonstrate teeth and give teh Prince a chance to realize what *he's* done, pulling support will do it."

A pause. "I'm fairly sure Shauna can give you a better political and social read on this when you get a chance to talk to her..."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:48 pm

She nods.

"I will weigh everything on my own. I will speak with Shauna when she's off shift. I will speak with both Mr. Alexander and Ms. Maurice. I will read her words."

She leaned forward.

"But this strikes me as more than just politics with you."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:14 pm

"It is." Jim said. "Even though I don't subscribe to some of normal social rules among Kindred society, I do know writing what she did at the word of a ghoul was pretty damn stupid. I also feel wrecking the perceptions of safety in an Elysium and casting doubt upon an entire Court as to their discretion is also pretty damn stupid... She managed both and it will bite the Praxis that is Jamie Alexander's in the ass hard at some point, sooner or later."

A pause. "Supporting the Laws and Traditions of the Camarilla is part of the Oath I take upon becoming a Tremere, Christine. You've been around long enough to know of that oath; its not exactly a secret to those of a certain age in our society... and just like when I was mortal, I take oaths I swear to seriously. If adhering to that oath costs me, so be it. It won't be the first time and won't be the last either, that I am sure of."

"She pissed all over this Domain with the drivel she wrote... and I am certain she will follow up on it with a Status Stripping of some kind, I am sure."
Jim said. "Frauds who have their ability questioned lash out because they can and the damage they do is often huge to what should not be caught in the way. She is a Fraud and the reputation of this domain, His praxis and Several Traditions are going to get hurt because of her."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:24 pm

She nodded.

"I can see that. And I will weigh your words when I speak with them. I understand all that she has done, but you must understand that I move at a slower pace than most in this new world do."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:29 pm

"Understood Christine...." He said. "Its all I can ask you to do and it is appreciated."

"On an unrelated note and yet business anyway, the folks you sent over for the Daytime are working splendidly.
he said. "Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:32 pm

She smiled.

"Good. They have said nothing but good things about you."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:37 pm

"I reward good work and they have provided it," He said. "It's how its supposed to be isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:27 pm

She nodded.

"That's how I've always done things."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:31 pm

"Then we have something in common," Jim replied. "One of the men... Jorge, I think.... his wife is pregnant or so I hear and he is nervous about it. Please let me know if there is anything special that may be done for him and his lady; I do not wish to overstep on their private lives but the birth of a child is a wondrous thing"
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:33 pm

She smiled.

"Yes. There will be a shower in a few months for them, once we know the gender of the child. They are like family to me, you know."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:40 pm

"Please let me know when it is," He said. "I'd appreciate it.... It's little things like a birth that help remind where we came from and even thoguh they are technically yours, I do my best to look after my employees when I can."

"As for everything else, I hope I answered your question,"

Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:55 pm

She nods.

"Yes, you have. Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:57 pm

"Then if you don't mind, I have some shifting of schedules to do," He said with a smile. "I need a small vacation right now... and the night hours need coverage."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:02 pm

She nods.

"My people can work long hours. And if you need a vacation, my stables are open to you."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:13 pm

A smile. "I'll keep the stable offer in mind," He said. "One night off a week has not been the best idea but at least I got everything running. time to enjoy a little bit of my early labors... now is as good as time as any to get a proper night crew in place for the Summer."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:30 pm

She nodded.

"Yes. That would be good."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor   What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is this I hear? (Jim/Shauna) - Lowrey Manor
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next