Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom Empty
PostSubject: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 7:37 pm

It seems he had taken the gift to heart, as well as the words.  The boat, sturdy but far from attractive, was being worked upon from the inside out.  Already, rotted wood was being ripped out from the galley, fresh planks laying in piles on the deck as the shirtless Gangrel began the long task of making the boat look as pretty as the one who gave it to him.

Last edited by Storyteller on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Sword of God
Neonate
Sword of God

Location : “The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.”

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 5:11 pm

It was moments before the man came into view. He stood calmly, radiating peace as he looked out across the water.

"Would you like some help, son?"
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:43 am

He had just finished ripping out another chunk of the galley, tossing it into the rubbish pile. The scars that wrapped around both biceps and around his chest, markings of rope, rope that bit deep that would never fade. He was not breathing heavily, but at least he was breathing, par Toutatis. As the dogs ran pellmell around the deck, snapping at seagulls, and enjoying the evening.

People were asking if he needed help. A lot lately. If he thought his physique could change, he would have wondered if he looked sickly or ill. But such things were no longer his concern. The thick forearms leaned against the railing, as his eyes found the source of the voice. "Dat beh quite neighborly ah ya. Ya got much knowledge on electrical? ah need teh pull out de stove ahn range."
Back to top Go down
Sword of God
Neonate
Sword of God

Location : “The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.”

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:59 am

The man smiled, a faint thing as he stepped a bit closer.

"Oh, I know a thing or two."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:04 pm

And then he could sense the Man's Beast. And something... else. The Jade eyes narrowed for a moment as the man approached, but he did not pull up the gang plank.

"Aven't seen ya 'round'ere before. Ya new?" he pushed himself up via his forearms, redoing his ponytail as he watched the man come closer.
Back to top Go down
Sword of God
Neonate
Sword of God

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:27 pm

He looked upward, toward the sky for a few moments. He was as calm as a placid lake, his voice never raising in tone or pitch. It wasn't quite a monotone, but he spoke as if he were in a church.

"Somewhat. I have been here before."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:39 pm

He grunted. "Figur'd beh sumptin'like dat. Most learn teh avoid meh." a rough chuckle, as he headed down below, to where the problem electrically powered items are.
Back to top Go down
Sword of God
Neonate
Sword of God

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:41 pm

The question was not entirely unexpected.

"Why?"
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:58 pm

"Sumptin'bout meh deckin'stupid people." he called out from the galley, pulling out the stove with ease.
Back to top Go down
Sword of God
Neonate
Sword of God

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:59 pm

He followed the man into the galley, already rolling his sleeves up to begin working. His face was still serene, his manner completely casual.

"I do not see an issue with such, so long as the punishment is deserved."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:05 pm

"Seems teh meh, de ones who mind it, beh de ones who deserve teh beh hit. Self preservation ahn all." he pulled the stove out and up, exposing the wiring.
Back to top Go down
Sword of God
Neonate
Sword of God

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:01 pm

He bent over to look at the wires. Then he started sorting through them, his fingers quick and sure.

"The blind shall be made to see."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:13 pm

"If life ain't teach me nuttin'else... is dat sum don't get sight till dey 'bout dead. If den." he just held the stove with a hand as if it didn't weight anything, using his other hand to rip off another plank of wood of the cabinet.
Back to top Go down
Sword of God
Neonate
Sword of God

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:19 pm

He continued to work with the wires, his fingers nimble. He didn't even look at the large Gangrel, but seemed completely unperturbed by the man holding the stove with one hand.

"For some, the only death can bring redemption."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm

"Such beh life. Or unlife. Gens beh gens... living or not. Juss de undead ones got longer teh muck it up." rip, tear. Rip, tear.
Back to top Go down
Sword of God
Neonate
Sword of God

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:33 pm

"Such is the case with all undead. Though the living ones seem to muck it up just fine in their short time, as well. In many cases, worse than the conscientious undead."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:46 pm

"Eh, juss people in general. De beasts got it right. Live as ya beh born teh."
Back to top Go down
Sword of God
Neonate
Sword of God

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:47 pm

"Born in sin, die in sin?"
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:51 pm

"See, dat mo depends on ya religion. Not all believe in original sin." his didn't, for example.
Back to top Go down
Sword of God
Neonate
Sword of God

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:56 pm

His answer was simple.

"No one is perfect."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:02 pm

"ain't dis where ya say 'save Jesus'?" silly Christians.
Back to top Go down
Sword of God
Neonate
Sword of God

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:23 pm

"The phrase is 'praise Jesus,' and no. This is where I say 'Praise God.'"
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:29 pm

"Eh, like ah said. Not mah Faith."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Ren was running a little late, she'd gotten caught up at the shop dealing with some inventory issues. Making her way to the boat she greeted the pups with...steaks. She did like to spoil them.

After tossing the food to the hungry dogs she headed for where she knew Mat would be working. "Hey, sorry I'm late...the guys ran into so problems." The French rolled easily off her tongue. She made it down the stairs and stopped dead in her tracks. "Abraham?" She sounded surprised, and happy and concerned, all in one.
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:34 pm

"Salute, Duckie. Guess ya know'em, eh?" he continued to hold the stove, glancing at her with a warm (for him) smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom   The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Student Can Teach - U.S.S. Freedom
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next