Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ren
Methuselah

Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven Empty
PostSubject: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 5:37 pm

It was the basement they appeared in, all of them - dogs, puppy, gangrel and brujah. It was home, their home. At least it had been.  

"Home."

It was dark. Pitch black, but that wasn't an issue for either of the Kindred.

Last edited by Storyteller on Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 5:38 pm

He didn't let go of her. The hands, stronger now than ever, tightened.

"home." he said softly. His pups were already running his joyous circles.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 5:39 pm

She stepped over Maddy so she could hug the big guy.

Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 5:44 pm

For the second time, she was wrapped up in his arms, lifted off the ground. Still fearful it was all a dream, a lie, purgatory for a life of violence, he didn't let a moment slip by. But she wasn't air. Wasn't a figment.

After a time, he would loosen, allow her to stand. ".. Have things gotten so bad?" to lie in public, to teleport.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:24 pm

"Desi sold the house...to get it out of my name. To protect it for me. For us."

She paused, sighed.

"I killed someone without the Prince's permission." She held on to him, hoping he wouldn't end up shaking her for doing something so stupid.
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:27 am

There was a pause, but he didn't shake her. Yet. "Why." simple question.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 1:15 pm

"I need this to stay between us." They had very few secrets, but the ones they had were always big.

She took a deep breath. "Because my hand was forced. There were Princes and Sheriffs from other domains...Rome and London...who signed off on it, put my name on the document regarding his death. Mat...I don't like being noticed and these were some pretty powerful people." She looked up at him, even in the dark. "There was an independent assamite who brought the document. Henri said she'd view for the Prince. I thought everything was kosher. It wasn't."

"The Scourge is after the Assamite, who's been a mentor of sorts to me. Helping to gain control of my Faith."

"He came after me as well, off the job mostly. I talked him down for now." She looked at the wall. "I'm sure there are others out there looking for who killed the guy."

"The Prince had me punished. So my part in what happened should be closed, but...you know how Kindred are."

She sighed heavily.

"I was dating the guy...but he turned on the clan. Worse...he was in my way." A deeper admission that most would get from her.

"I did what I had to, but the fallout has been massive."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:59 pm

A hand cupped her cheek. No shaking. No judgment. The things he had to do to find his own way... there was understanding in his touch, in his presence. "You've been punished. You were noticed. Duckie, you're special. I've known that since I met you. Not everyone would look on me and try to help them. See me and mine as we are. Not to mention your Faith that burned even my tough hide." his eyes were bright red in the darkness - few would, or should, to be in such a position with the Gangrel.

"Maybe this is why I was given another chance. Maybe it was your Faith that called me back. But I am here now. I'm going to talk to the Prince, see if I can get a position, get some status and standing. If you said this guy turned on the clan, then best he be removed with someone with a true heart." There was a pause, and a smirk.

"And see, this is why we never dated. Just us, then sex, then us. We'd still be fighting, otherwise."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:24 pm

"Never slept with him." She curled against him, her head against his chest.

"We also need to keep my ability to teleport quiet. Or any magic you see me do." She knew it was a difficult thing to ask him. Neither of them were liars by nature.
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:07 pm

He took a breath. "Well then... a gift for a gift then." he smiled in the dark. A hand stroked her hair. "I can control the Elements. A gift from Toutatis. It's one of the things I've noticed that has changed since I woke up. I can see beyond what eyes can see, hidden beings. My anger shakes the earth, creates fires. The Spirits themselves whisper to me... and it makes sense. All the unease I once felt, the lack of being human... now I understand why.

I'm still not sure about everything that happened... I feel that there is a piece that I am missing, some memory that I need to have, to recall... but everything feels right now. I think... I believe... this is meant to be. This is Fate. And I won't fail again.
"
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:03 pm

"Maybe it was good for us to be apart." They'd both changed so much.
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:11 pm

He smirked, nodded. "I think so too. It's why I said what I did when I first saw you again. Things happen for a reason, after all." a pause. "So. Anything else I should know? Any big happens? People I shouldn't punch?"
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:16 pm

She pulled away, began heading for the stairs. She hadn't been in the house since returning. She wanted to see it.

"Victor Morton, the Scourge. Could be a problem for me in the long run. The Harpy and the Sheriff have become very good friends to me. Jamie is as wonderful as ever. Everyone else...chum in the water really."

"There's a couple of Hunters in town. I'll be dealing with them soon."

She paused. "They say Dalia's met final death. I'm not sure I believe it. Might not want to bring that up if you're talking to Jamie. They separated before it happened."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:19 pm

"How so with the Scourge?" he took in the rest, following, amid the pitter patter thud thud thud of the three pups. And of course the stairs not liking his own massive bulk.

"And who is the Harpy?" he nodded at the comment about Dalia, adding that to the 'things not to say' list.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:26 pm

"He's Tremere. Power hungry, because, ya know, Tremere. He's also one to do what he wants when he wants on or off duty. I'm pretty sure he was going to take my head even though I've already been punished over the killing of a local thing. If I hadn't answered him correctly it would have been a fight, I'm sure."

"Harpy is a man name Esteban Forunato. He's helped me navigate things. Helped keep me safe."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:29 pm

"I will see if I can keep an eye on the Scourge," oh, the irony that would be handed to him in the upcoming nights. "And do not punch the Harpy then. No one else useful. Sounds like things have not changed much."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:31 pm

"The Harpy and the Sheriff." They came up into the kitchen where the blinds were still closed. The blinds around the entire house were still closed.

She looked at the brightly colored room and suddenly burst into tears.
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Once more, the family joined around the small Waif, wet noses, licking tongues and wagging tails (obviously not the Gangrel) were first, before his presence was once more by her side.

"I am going to complete our house. I made that promise - I will keep it. And I will keep it safe."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:40 pm

"Thank you, Mat." She wanted to see the house finished more than anything.
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:42 pm

"It is my pleasure, Duckie." it truly was, as he wiped away her tears. "Stay here tonight, hmm? I never like to see you cry."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:43 pm

"Okay." She'd need to let Rai know where she was, but that was a minor thing.
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:47 pm

He looked at the blood on his thumb, then offered it to her to remove. Or at least, what she wanted out of it. Even tears of blood meant something, could mean something more than he thought.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:51 pm

She licked her own tears from his finger. There was nothing sexual or perverse about it. It was simply efficient.

Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:56 pm

Nor would he assume such actions were anything but - sexual, after all, was not something he was very often. He pulled off his hat, straightening his hair. He could feel the ebb and flow of the night, feel its tug to sleep. His eyes went to the covered windows.

"Upstairs, basement, bed, ground?" old. familiar questions.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:59 pm

The attic was a finished floor, strong as any other. It could hold their weight. Though they might not all be able to sleep in a single pile anymore. "Upstairs."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven   Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home (Mat and the pups) - Mat & Ren's Haven
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next