Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Exchange of Languages (Victor)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

Exchange of Languages (Victor)  Empty
PostSubject: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:34 am

Ali had arrived about a half an hour earlier to get the room, her notebook set up and coffee in her hand. She was dressed very different then the last time they met, in a simple "girls" T-shirt in a soft pink, that matched a pink chocker around her neck, and faded jeans, with burkenstocks on her feet. Her long hair was braided back, simple gold hoops in her ears, and gold bangle bracelets on her wrist. (or they looked gold)

She had sent him a text of which room number and waited patiently for Mr. Steele.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:37 am

Victor limped in, dressed a lot more simply than the last time they met, with slacks and a sport coat, and a leather satchel over one shoulder.

"Ahh good evening Miss Laguna. How are you doing tonight?"
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:38 am

"I am doing well, it's good to see you again. Thank you for meeting with me here." it was a small room with 2 tables and about 8 chairs.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:41 am

"Not a problem" he smiled while sitting down "Neutral locations are often best. In this case, you feel more in control, and likely gain a sense of security from it. Clearly, I have no preference in the matter, and am content either way with the transaction, as I gain from it, regardless of where we meet. Psychology, and business rolled into one" he said with a chuckle. "Now another question is, are we met as equals, or is one of us in control? And either way, does it matter?"
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:43 am

"I was thinking equals." looking at him with a raised eye brow "But whom ever is teaching the language to the other would be I guess "more in" control at that time." studying him carefully as she spoke.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:46 am

"Indeed, we are met as equals. We each have a matching skill we are exchanging for another. Even during the exchange, there is no dominance, as we are exchanging like for like. Sometimes I am not sure business and psychology can be separated. You will do well for yourself I think. Anyway, forgive my little side track."
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:48 am

"Very well, do you wish to start with learning Spanish first?" opening her note book to see what he had to say.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:49 am

"Si" he chuckled "That's about the extent of it for me."
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:00 am

"Very well." she reached into a shoulder satchel and pulled out a Spanish book and work book. "This is the best set I've found so far." handing it too him. "This is for you to use, and here are the CD's for the "listening" sections. If you find them a bit too fast - let me know and I'll make you tapes instead."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:04 am

"Excellent" he said taking the books and discs.

"I brought something similar for you on German"
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:06 am

"German or Russian?" looking at him puzzled.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:07 am

"Both actually since you mentioned having some difficulty with German. Most of the Russian data is on disc though."
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 am

"Thank you it's the harshness of the sounds - I didn't grow up with many of them." with a smile at him taking the materials. "So you know French so you are no stranger to formal and informal." with a nod to him.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:12 am

"It's a harsh and guttural tongue, it takes a lot of getting used to. I was fortunate to grow up with it."
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:16 am

She nodded to him, "It is a necessary language I think though. It's a good one to learn, plus Germany still does a lot world wide." flipping through the book.

"Well since you say you only know Si, let's start with the alphabet." and with that she started to teach him Spanish, she showed how to go through the verbs, but also the first basic language words that most need to get by in any foreign land.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:18 am

He nodded and leaned over the book, reading and listening as she went over the lesson
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:21 am

She was a patient teacher, having him repeat the word - correcting him when needed but showing she had much patience. She stayed at it for 2 hours with him, then reaching for her water bottle. "I think I need a voice break now."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:23 am

"Just as well, I need to rest my eye" he said while rubbing at his face. "Sometimes the strain gets to be a bit much"
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:25 am

"I get focused on a task, if you need a break please let me know. I don't think about things like the eye strain - so just let me know." with a blush to her cheeks and another swallow of water.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:26 am

"That makes two of us who get focused" he smiled "My assistant often chides me for ignoring myself when engrossed in a task"
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:31 am

"When I get focused I can loose days, or I could - I now have alarms and reminders to get to where I need to on time." with a nod to him. "I don't have an assistant - I have my phone."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:33 am

"Modern smartphones are amazing devices. I can hardly imagine how I got by without one."
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:35 am

"Yes and they are addictive." with a grin at him. "So many fun apps and alarms..." with another chuckle. "Which reminds me we have this room for about an 1/2 hour more, do you have any questions for me?"
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 11:55 am

"Not offhand" he said after a moment.
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 4:44 pm

"Very well then see you in 2 weeks back here?" with a warm smile as she was cleaning up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exchange of Languages (Victor)    Exchange of Languages (Victor)  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exchange of Languages (Victor)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next