Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Theme night .... (open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:07 pm

"Another continent? You are a foreign student then? And no, thank you. It wouldn't do to be too intoxicated while driving."

He looked over the dance floor, and his eye seemed to settle on the fittest looking people, male and female both, before he turned back to the bartender.
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:12 pm

"No I am a Citizen now." with an edge of pride to her words. "BUT I started out as an exchange high school student." glancing again to the others working, a barely there nod letting someone know they could go on break.

Looking back at him, "Ah scooping out the dancers I see." with a smirk at him, and taking a moment to open a new water. Then she took a long drink, "So you don't have the local accent either. Warm weather transplant?"
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:14 pm

"Ah congratulations" he smiled warmly "So many people take citizenship for granted. It's a very good thing to have people who want to be Americans come here. You are our future after all. Oh, and I'm from Philadelphia. My mother was scotch-irish, my father was German, and I spent many years in London and Paris. I've managed to acquire a regular melting pot of accents."
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:17 pm

"Argentinian by birth, American by choice, and working my way through school. That's me." with a laugh "I am told though I have a fabulous accent when I speak Spanish, but like all people with accents I think everyone else has one." She gently rubbed the lace around her neck, with a brief thought that was a very good thought to her, and then the professional bartender smile again to him.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:19 pm

For a briefest moment, his face went impassively neutral as he remembered something.

"Ahh Argentina. A lovely country, I've visited several times." And by several times, he meant depositing Josef Mengele's murderous ass there, and making sure it died of old age to prove a point. "Sadly, I never learned Spanish."
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:23 pm

"I think it just flows, but I know for many it does not. German for example has been hard for me to learn but I think I'm doing okay." with a shake of her head, "That was an interesting look, I am not sure it was a happy one either."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:25 pm

"An old acquaintance died there" he replied in fluent, well educated German.

"Second language for me" he chuckled in English.
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:27 pm

"Show off." with a grin at him. "I'm no where near that good, yet." with a confident look that said she was going to try. "I have a knack for languages my one professor said so he was trying to get me to take a language major with a sociology minor. That I saw having NO application except more academia."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:29 pm

"You should take them" he said seriously "If you are going to work with people, in the modern global economy, knowing other tongues is invaluable. I speak German, French, Russian, and am oddly fluent in Morse telegraphy. I should learn Spanish, but much of my work involves Europe."
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:31 pm

"Mandarin, English, Spanish, and now German." with a nod to him. "I was thinking Russian would be next for me."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:32 pm

"I was going to hire a Spanish teacher. I will teach you Russian, if you will teach me Spanish?"
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:33 pm

"It may take some juggling but that sounds like a fair trade." with happy laugh "Shake on it?" extending her hand towards him.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:37 pm

He extended an oddly cold hand and smiled as he shook her hand. "Let me give you my card. I'm afraid I am literally only available at night, but I can compensate you for the additional trouble. Say perhaps an extra twenty an hour for your time?"
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:42 pm

"I thought we were trading services, I can't pay you to teach me Russian." taking the card with a soft blush to her cheeks of embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:44 pm

"Then let me know if my hours inconvenience you, and I can arrange suitable compensation for the trouble at that time perhaps?"

"My name is Victor by the way. Victor Steele."
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:47 pm

"Nice to meet you Mr. Steele, I'm Ali Laguna, here is my number." writting it on "bar" stationary - aka - a napkin. "And Feel free to call me after 7ish- but by I'm normally here by 9pm then my phone is off till around 3am." with a nod to him so he'd know she wasn't blowing him off or being rude by not replying right away if he called during work times.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:49 pm

"Of course" he said while pocketing the napkin. "It is a pleasure to meet you Ali. Where is a good place? My offices are in my home, so that would be inappropriate. I can arrange for a conference room at the Regency Hotel, I use it often enough as it is."
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:50 pm

"Or we could set up a room at the campus library." with a nod to him.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:51 pm

"Ah yes, that would work as well if they are open that late."
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:52 pm

"They are I know." with a grin at him, "I use to with juggling here and school set stuff up all the time there."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:54 pm

"Ah excellent" he smiled, before casting another glance at the dance floor. He was trying to decide if he was hungry or not, and decided that it could wait.

"So how did you wind up working here?"
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:58 pm

"I lost my work study job due to switching majors, long story there and there was an opening here for a body shot server. The pay sucked but you could keep your tips. I figured I've got an okay body give it a shot. I got hired, then met the owner and she offered me the manager job and I jumped at it. I basically just need this job to cover costs as long as I don't loose my current living arrangement." with a grin. "So here I am."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:00 am

"Can't beat that" he chuckled "I just bought a hotel, I'm renovating it, but if you lose your current living arrangement, I'll give you a long term deal on a room there."
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:01 am

"Really?" looking at him with disbelief.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:03 am

"I believe that is why I said it" he said it, in a dry, German accented voice.

"It would be a terrible waste of your investment in citizenship and schooling if you had to worry about a place to sleep. Ergo, it is fiscally, and morally responsible to offer to rectify that risk, given as I am in a position to make such an offer."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theme night .... (open)   Theme night .... (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theme night .... (open)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next