Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An akward introduction

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

An akward introduction - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 1:12 pm

"You'll let me know when I don't fit right?" with a slow smile at him, then a tilt of her head as she met his eyes again. "Do you speak any other languages?"
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 1:20 pm

He smiled at her.

"Of course, I'll let you know. I also speak Gaelic, French, Italian, Spanish and Klingon."

Yes, he said that with a straight face.
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 1:24 pm

"Ah the Romance trio, plus Gaelic a lyrical language and really Klingon? Lots of grunts and sharp tones? I've always wanted to learn Gaelic, it sounds pretty. Like Russian you always sound mad, but Gaelic always sounds so nice. And I speak Spanish, native speaker and Mandarin." with a soft chuckle.

"Getting one's tongue wrapped around certain sounds is easier in some languages than others, but I find I have a good ear and a good tongue for doing so." with a teasing tone to her words. "Hence why Professor Lawrence wants me in linguistics, but other than translation I don't see what good a degree in linguistics will get me."
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 1:34 pm

He smiled.

"You might be surprised. Depending on where you end up going -- if you're working in any sort of international business -- it will go a long way. For example, if you end up working for Rourke International, they're going to be impressed with both your business degree and the fact that you can negotiate million-dollar deals in forty six languages. It's important. With that in mind, though, I know Scots Gaelic -- which sounds more like dogs barking than the more Irish-toned Gaelic. Irish is similar and flows a little more smoothly -- that lilting you were talking about -- than Scots."
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 1:45 pm

She paused "Forty six languages... I will know 3 when you're done with me." with a soft laugh "But if Scottish is different, is Welsh and French Gaelic different too?" she took another sip then realized she was empty and waved for another drink. "Do you need or want another as well?" as she looked to him.

"I've always wanted to know all the romance languages but my Spanish sort of ruined that. So to Mandarin I went." with a grin at him and then a last drink of her margarita.

"Something unique about you?" very curious what he'd reply with.
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 1:51 pm

He smiled.

"Yes, they're different. In fact, every single language has differences, even just going from one town to the next. I'm fine for drinks for now. I don't really drink much, I really just ordered it to be polite." He smiled at her. "Something unique about me... I'm not really all that special, so I'm not sure what I can give you on that."
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 1:55 pm

"Well I've already pointed out your eyes, you've got an amazing color of hair as well, you have quiet confidence most lack or try to have by being arrogant instead. So no you can roll your tongue." and she does so "Or double jointed or secretly collect rare lint bunnies?" trying to play off her comments instead of sounding too serious.

"Mine is I can pick up things with my toes, that's my unique thing but I'm finding out a number of other people can do so as well." with a slow grin at him. "And working in bars I probably drink a little more than I should but not enough to be a lush. It also loosens me up and as you noted helps calm me down." with a soft laugh.
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:02 pm

It was clear that the German across from her might be trying to not blush. He laughed instead, though that look was there -- that look that said he was on the verge of blushing, no matter what.

"Ahh... thank you. Let's see... I was a soldier once, got some pretty neat scars to prove it. That's about the only unique thing, I guess. Well, that and my ability to tie some pretty sweet knots in rope."
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:15 pm

She grinned at the almost blush, then leaned back towards him as he kept talking.  She grinned at him "Oh see that's something scars always have a story and do I get to see your knots sometime?" with a far to sweet smile at him.

"I've never done the military, was not something I wanted to do." with a gentle swirling of the salt on the glass again with her finger.  "I am pretty boring, next to you."
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:28 pm

He laughed.

"I highly doubt that. I'm just busy, and a regular guy. Sure, I can show you some different knots if you want, but that's not for here. Or in public. People freak out when you tell them that you can tie nifty knots, usually. That said, the scars aren't for in public, either."
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:34 pm

"So noted." with again a far to sweet smile at him. "And really knots are nothing when one wants to see them." with another glance to his eyes, then a look over his body trying to figure out the scars, then with a slow smile "Any questions for me?" with another slow lick no more a suck of the salt from her finger.
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:39 pm

He smiled at her.

"Have you grown up here in Florida?"
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:42 pm

"No I actually grew up in Maryland." with a sip of her drink. "This lovely school accepted me with the partial scholarship."
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:44 pm

He smiled at that.

"What part of Maryland?"
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:46 pm

"Bowie Maryland, or Bowie as some like to say - like the knife, but really it's just Bowie." with a wistful smile "But my parents have moved to Phoenix with my Grandmother." with a look to him. "Any other questions?" again starting to trace the lip of her cup.
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:50 pm

He smiled.

"Why a business degree?"
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:54 pm

She sighed "My father said to get a business degree so I'd not be wasting my money and time." with a look at him "But I'm not sure that I could sit behind a desk all day but I think every career has one doing so, unless you are a teacher." then looking hihi in the eye "Well being a surgeon you'll be on your feet but most things for me they want me to tie in accounting or computers or something more." with a slight frown at the corners of her mouth.

"But I don't have to declare officially till the end of this semester." with a nod to him. "Any more questions?"
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 5:12 pm

He nodded.

"Why are you bothering to major in something that you obviously have no passion for?"
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 5:17 pm

"Because it's practical." looking at him with again a barely there frown and then a soft sigh. "Why graduate with a degree that won't get you a job?" she looked at her glass, "Hence why I don't know what a linquisitcs degree alone will not get me a job. Where an international business degree with a linguistics minor will."
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 5:23 pm

He shook his head.

"Well, your choice is to be miserable for the rest of your life with a degree you don't care about... or enjoy what you do and deal with a little bit of a rough patch because it'll be harder to find a job. I, personally, would not make the choice of doing something I don't care about."
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 5:27 pm

"it's hard to do when even all my counselors but Professor Lawrence has said to do the practical choices." with another frown but then looking up at him again "I don't know what else to do, so it is an end to a process? Business should be practical and flow into pretty much any business. And I hate the thought of paying for school and then only making 20K." with a shrug and another sip of her drink.
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 5:28 pm

He tilted his head and looked at her curiously.

"What is it that you want to do? What drives you?"
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 5:30 pm

"Nothing." she said honestly "I have been told I will graduate college and go to work." with a look at him. "I know that sounds bad, but I do enjoy my linguistic classes and my psychology classes." with a soft shrug. She again licked the salt off her finger again, and looked at him.
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 5:32 pm

He tilted his head.

"Sooo, why not become a world-renowned psychiatrist?"
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 5:36 pm

"Like you I would rather work with the future, and kids." with a soft laugh "But not sure that's overly practical."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An akward introduction   An akward introduction - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An akward introduction
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crimson Masque :: Central Florida State College Campus-
Jump to: