Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Unseen
Elder
The Unseen

Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement Empty
PostSubject: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:50 pm

The door shut behind them. THe basement was lightly light, a single bulb hung from the ceiling, on at the moment. There was a washer and dryer... some clothes piled next to them. Weights and work out equipement.. few boxes... but for the most part it was just a giant empty room, not even a bed. No windows... no other source of entry or exit, other than the one they had come through.

Down the stairs he went, in that form, her upon his back. Soon, they reached the floor and he stopped, awaiting her departure from his back.

Last edited by Storyteller on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:52 pm

She dropped her feet to the ground and stood, then moved off him.

"Nice digs."
Back to top Go down
The Unseen
Elder
The Unseen

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:01 pm

His form shifted, back into the t-shirt wearing 18 year old.

"Nothing in here, is mine."

He stated simply. It was a sad fact, but an honest one. He needed not for personal items, usually. Hell, barely wore pants, half the time, under that Mask.

He moved then, toward the light bulb.. a hand coming up grasping the string, then looking back towards her.

"If you are able to sense with any other means than sight, at a high level... refuse it. We will be working on pulling your beast up... through frustation and a little bit of pain, from time to time. We will make you feel more connected to animalistic instincts... make you crave and force a necessity for your eyes to... truely open."
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:08 pm

She nodded. She walked over the washing machine and pulled out the lint trap. Taking some from it, she stuffed her ears full.

"Okay, I'm ready."

And she didn't turn around. Might as well keep this challenging.
Back to top Go down
The Unseen
Elder
The Unseen

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:20 pm

Darkness was within the souls of every kindred, no matter how much they tried to ignore it at times. The walked in darkness, and lived in it.

But this might be different. As his hand pulled the string... it was not just darkness. it was pitch black. There wasnt even a crack of light, from the door they had entered.

And to make things worse, she would hear the dryer turn on.... so it was now loud, further obstructing her attempts to lessen her hearing.. and as dark as the abyss.

He pulled away from her, his obfuscate rising.... dog form transforming... hidden glowly green eyes having. He circled her, in the darkness.... aiming for the perfect placement for his first attack.

Hesitating, for now....
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:24 pm

She turned, her eyes scanning the perfect darkness. She couldn't see a thing, but she was trying. There was nothing to see, nothing to hear. So she didn't move. She just turned, slowly in place.
Back to top Go down
The Unseen
Elder
The Unseen

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:28 pm

As she turned, he slammed into her... from out of nowhere. His strong large dob body barreled through her legs, at an angle that caught both of them. SHe was durable enough to suffer no damage, but the suprise of the strike added to the momentum that would be her decent to the ground.

As quickly as it happened, even if she looked for him... he was nowhere. He had toyed with prey like this, in the past, and had to resist the urge to ACTUALLY stalk her. He liked the girl, always had, and was trying to keep his inner predator on it's best behavior.
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:31 pm

She hit her knees in the darkness, but didn't make a sound. She stayed where she was, there on the ground, looking around. She wasn't breathing, because she didn't have to. She wasn't blinking, because she didn't need that either. But she still couldn't see. And nothing yet moved inside her.
Back to top Go down
The Unseen
Elder
The Unseen

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:33 pm

Another stike, as she was upon her knees.

This time, it came from behind her. Dog body slammed against hard, forcing her into the ground face first and flat.

But it wasnt just that... as soon as she fell, dog legs mule kicked her in the side, with alot of force, sending her tumbling through the darkness and rolled straight into a punching bag that had been laying upon the floor.
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:37 pm

She growled softly. Something inside her moving. And for once, she let it come. Not too much. Just enough. So she put her back to the bag, and shoved it into the wall. And she sat facing the room, palms flat on the ground, attempting to communicate her need to see with her Beast.
Back to top Go down
The Unseen
Elder
The Unseen

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:41 pm

Time to up the stakes....

As she growled, another growl echoed through the room. Pinpointing it was difficult, to say the least... it was his... and it was moving... somewhere. Then, the snapping of teeth were heard, even over the sounds of the dryer and her earpluggings.

Maybe he was losing control... maybe she made a mistake... maybe her very life was in peril.

The slammed into her again, from the side... sending her tumbling once more, this time into a wall. Then the distinct feeling of something near her face... teeth snapping shut, threatening in the worst of ways. Then... silence... and he was no longer there, but surely the next attack would be more sinsiter.
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:44 pm

She growled, getting angry, but not enough to lose control. She had stopped trying to hear him. Stopped trying to sense him in any way. She would have to see him, or she might die. She believed that.
Back to top Go down
The Unseen
Elder
The Unseen

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:50 pm

Suddenly, her leg was ripped out from underneath her. Sharp teeth latched around it, and turned.... dragging her out... spinning her around, and slamming her into the wall, then releasing.

It was a dangerous game, they were playing, now. The skin of her leg had been broken a bit, but it was superficial damage, for now... but next time, she may not be so lucky.

He was gone again, ... probably preparing for a more killing blow. He had been known to be a diablerist... a murderer of all things... how safe was she, like this? Did anyone actually know where she was? Could they save her, in time?

Right now... the threat of Torpor, or final death... was very real.
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:53 pm

She resisted the urge to disappear. She resisted the urge to leave. She grabbed her anger, grabbed her fear, and let loose a roar of inner rage. She didn't know him that well, the safety she felt could be false. So she got her legs under her, crouching, and tried to see. Anything. Anything at all. Some hint as to where he was.
Back to top Go down
The Unseen
Elder
The Unseen

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:59 pm

Then... he came for her, the last time. She was slammed into, again, pushing her to her back, then he was upon her... dog mouth opened and placed her neck between rows of powerful and deadly teeth.

There was no threat, anymore... there was immediate danger. It didnt hurt at first, but she could feel the pressure around her neck building... mouth was about to snap shut.
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 11:01 pm

And suddenly, she could see. Just a flash, but it was enough. Her right fist came up and knocked his head aside. Then she scrambled to her feet, and turned. But the flash was gone. And she was in darkness again.
Back to top Go down
The Unseen
Elder
The Unseen

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 11:05 pm

As it happened, he darted off, after being pushed and struck away.

Soon, the dryer stopped... then moments later, a click was issued and the lightbulb came back on. He held a small smile on his face, and just watched her, with those glowy green eyes of his.

He said nothing, yet, just nodded approvingly.
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 11:07 pm

She crouched on the floor, blinking in the sudden light.

"I saw you. Only for a second. But I saw in total darkness."
Back to top Go down
The Unseen
Elder
The Unseen

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 11:15 pm

"When the threat is real enough, instinct will take hold. Once it does, you can learn to tame it... control it... use it at your beckoning and call."

He was happy that her progress had been rapid, and smiled fondly to his pupil for the evening.

"I think this will be enough to get the ball rolling downhill. Practice... focus... try hard to will it, on your own... or.."

The next part was said, almost shyly... but surely rolf was anything but shy.

"Come find me, and we can do this again, if you need further assistance."
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 11:18 pm

She stands and walks to him. Her eyes still flash with anger a little, but it's controlled.

"I will. And someday I'll kick your ass."
Back to top Go down
The Unseen
Elder
The Unseen

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:29 am

As she stood and approached him with that flare, he grinned a bit and purred at her in a teasing/taunting tone.

"Threatening me with a good time?"

He moved forward, as she did... licking a fang absently. He then stopped. His stance widened, and he looked... rather relaxed, but waiting for something. Hands folded behind his back.
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:23 am

She stopped moving, just a pause, then she gave a taunting grin. She kept moving forward, but now she slunk.

"You really think I'm going to hit you when you're expecting it?"
Back to top Go down
The Unseen
Elder
The Unseen

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:31 am

"I dont know... that depends. Do you actually think you would ever be able to... kick my ass?"

He narrowed his eyes, but seemed playful enough, with the slight smile upon his lips. He just watched her, curious about her actions... but for now, allowing... whatever was to come.
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:41 am

She stopped about two inches from him.

"Yes, actually. I think I could. But that can wait for another day. A day when I can kick your ass in total darkness."
Back to top Go down
The Unseen
Elder
The Unseen

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:46 am

The boy had no fear of her. Maybe he was crazy, maybe he was cocky, maybe it was something else. As she was close, he leaned in and nuzzled his cheek against hers.

"I look forward to it." Spoken softly, cold breath across her hear and neck as he did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement   Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lessons in Darkness. - The Basement
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next