Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage Empty
PostSubject: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 2:03 am

Greer had been awake for all of three minutes when her phone rang.

(Running here for privacy)

Last edited by Storyteller on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 2:08 am

"Hello?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 2:18 am

The voice sounded odd. Like it maybe went through some sort of device to scramble the voice, though not quite like that. More, the voice had no sex to it. There were distinctly female properties to it, distinctly male ones -- it was as if there were several people speaking at once, though they all said the same thing, at the same time, with the same inflection. It was creepy.

"Is this Greer Harrington, of the Daughters of Cacophony?"
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 2:55 am

"May I ask who's calling?" calmly replied back, looking for something to write down the number and not sound like she is.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 2:56 am

"My identity is unimportant. I have a message for you."

There was a brief pause.

"The dragon that dwells is a snake within the grass. It is time. It should be done. Run the snake from the reeds now, chop off its head, before it is too late."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 2:57 am

"That makes no sense." she says softly back.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:00 am

The odd voice, that sounded like many voices, spoke to her soothingly.

"It will make sense. It will. Let me help you. The dragon that dwells is a snake in the grass. It is time. It should be done. Run the snake from the reeds now, chop off its head, before it is too late."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:02 am

"'Before it does what?" she says trying to remember the words and the phrasing exactly.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:03 am

There was a pause.

"The dragon has plans for the man who sleeps next to you. Do not let him be changed. The dragon plans to destroy all."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:05 am

"Can you tell me who the dragon is?" trying to get more information before the creepy voice left.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:06 am

"I cannot give you a name. There are reasons for this. But the dragon is a blue dragon, intent upon seeing the world awash with blood."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:07 am

"Destruction of the world or my world?" trying to stay calm.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:08 am

"The world as you know it, Greer Harrington. He would take from you what you cherish, only to make you bow on bended knee to serve his ends. He would burn you with the flames of his arrogance and hate, and everything you know and care for would cease."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:09 am

"The dragon you speak of?" trying to get it clear as she kept writing it down.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:10 am

"Yes, Miss Harrington. The dragon."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:11 am

"IT is a he, and one I've met?" she inquired.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:13 am

"That is correct. Do not say his name, Miss Harrington, if you believe that you have found the answer. He can hear you. And to make it perfectly clear: he is of your kind. Not of these Fallen that plague you."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:15 am

"Is it one I know biblically?" narrowing it down even further.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:16 am

"No, Miss Harrington. The creature considers itself above such mortal and carnal desires."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:17 am

"Anything else you can tell me or think I should know?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:21 am

"It will alter your mind, if you let it. Do not look it in the eye, do not speak its name, do not trust anyone who comes in contact with it. It manipulates everyone, and will leave the world to burn."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:22 am

"Thank you." worriedly spoken.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:24 am

"This number will not remain active once the phone call has ended. If you wish to speak again, pick up your telephone and speak these words: 'By Egyptian Wonders, I need you.' Speak it to the dial tone. Then hang up your telephone. I will respond within five minutes."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:25 am

"Very well, thank you." staring at the phone and finishing her notes.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:27 am

The weird voice, still creepy, answered her gently.

"You are most welcome. Take care now, Miss Harrington."

The line went dead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage   Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dual Voices - Daughters (Greer) - Gilded Cage
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next