Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

After having hunted - Gambler's Den

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Johanna
Neonate
Johanna

After having hunted - Gambler's Den - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: After having hunted - Gambler's Den   After having hunted - Gambler's Den - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 2:10 pm

"And stakes... We need stakes..." She said thoughtfully. There was a twinge of fear in her voice. "I may need you to shove one in my chest."

The cold calculating tone was there, but, emotions were too. Which was a difficult thing to comprehend. She was actually afraid to be alone. Truly afraid.
Back to top Go down
Rickie Vaughan
Ancilla
Rickie Vaughan

PostSubject: Re: After having hunted - Gambler's Den   After having hunted - Gambler's Den - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 2:21 pm

The gentle embrace tightened a little.
"Why would I do something like that...?"
Back to top Go down
Johanna
Neonate
Johanna

PostSubject: Re: After having hunted - Gambler's Den   After having hunted - Gambler's Den - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 2:25 pm

"I ran into something. Something that warned me of things to come. I didn't realize it had blocked out everything around me. I couldn't help my attraction to it, this woman. I forgot where I was. And she told me that I would feel the Call stronger than anyone else in 3 days time. There are only a couple of days left. She spoke of eternal day."

It was all spoken like it was nothing more than matter of fact. A spooky, unsettling matter of fact.

"I went to the Prince... to tell him of what happened so that if things went south, he and his wouldn't automatically put the blame on us. Which is when he told me of the Dark Carnival. That they suck you in."
Back to top Go down
Rickie Vaughan
Ancilla
Rickie Vaughan

PostSubject: Re: After having hunted - Gambler's Den   After having hunted - Gambler's Den - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 2:34 pm

One arm still around Johanna's waist, the other moved so to rest a gentle hand on her chest above her heart.

"I'll protect you" although it was always Johanna to protected her to be honest. But the Caitiff would, to the extent of her abilities, protect her sister. "I will not let them take you" she whispered. "I will not leave you alone... not now... not ever" and when she said that, she meant it. She would stay with her... Johanna was her world... no amount of Presence could change that. No matter how hard the Rose tried.
Back to top Go down
Johanna
Neonate
Johanna

PostSubject: Re: After having hunted - Gambler's Den   After having hunted - Gambler's Den - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 2:40 pm

She gave another soft nod of her head. She knew that Rickie would not break her word. She trusted her sister implicitly.

"Not ever," she repeated softly back to Rickie, holding the hand that was over her chest. "Likewise, I will protect you to the death."
Back to top Go down
Rickie Vaughan
Ancilla
Rickie Vaughan

PostSubject: Re: After having hunted - Gambler's Den   After having hunted - Gambler's Den - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:06 am

She didn't say it, but she'd long since made up her mind about one thing; if her sister died before her? She'd follow. A strange thing to take comfort in perhaps, but it was a kind of comfort anyways. Knowing she wouldn't be alone...

"Always with you" she smiled, leaning back in the tub with her eyes closed, still holding Johanna in her arms.

Just a little while longer.
Back to top Go down
Johanna
Neonate
Johanna

PostSubject: Re: After having hunted - Gambler's Den   After having hunted - Gambler's Den - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 6:36 am

She could have slept there like that. Something about the cold, hard surface of the porcelain was comforting when met by the soft touch of Rickie. It was familiar. It was... home. Home in such a way that Johanna could understand it on the most bottom of emotional levels.

Her free hand and forearm came to rest on the edge of the tub, wet fingers dripping water onto the floor below in a constant rhythm until the moisture evaporated into the air. Her index finger twitched as the sound of the droplets hitting the stone faded.

"They are finally at ease," she remarked on the dogs without moving.
Back to top Go down
Rickie Vaughan
Ancilla
Rickie Vaughan

PostSubject: Re: After having hunted - Gambler's Den   After having hunted - Gambler's Den - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:02 pm

"Mhm..." Rickie smiled against her shoulder, resting her cheek on it as she looked over at the dogs. Four sets of amber eyes looking back at them without a sound.
"Because we're both here" she said. "Because they can sense when something isn't right. But right now? Right now everything is right..." she sighed softly.
Back to top Go down
Johanna
Neonate
Johanna

PostSubject: Re: After having hunted - Gambler's Den   After having hunted - Gambler's Den - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 9:54 am

"They deserve something special," she turned her head toward them, but her hand didn't move.
Back to top Go down
Rickie Vaughan
Ancilla
Rickie Vaughan

PostSubject: Re: After having hunted - Gambler's Den   After having hunted - Gambler's Den - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 4:01 pm

"Mmm... what did you have in mind?" Rickie asked with a gentle smile as Ghost moved up to the tub and laid his head on the edge of it to stare curiously up at the two.
Back to top Go down
Johanna
Neonate
Johanna

PostSubject: Re: After having hunted - Gambler's Den   After having hunted - Gambler's Den - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:35 pm

"Toys," she said softly. "New toys. A ball, a rope... Maybe a new blanket for them. Something."

She held her hand open for Ghost to sniff if he wanted, tracing a finger under his chin.
Back to top Go down
Rickie Vaughan
Ancilla
Rickie Vaughan

PostSubject: Re: After having hunted - Gambler's Den   After having hunted - Gambler's Den - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:48 pm

The dog seemed to lean into the touch while Ricke gave a gentle approving nod.
"You're right, they deserve something good" she gave Johanna another gentle squeeze and closed her eyes again. "We'll find something when we go out next"
Together.
Because it was safer that way. Much safer.
Back to top Go down
Johanna
Neonate
Johanna

PostSubject: Re: After having hunted - Gambler's Den   After having hunted - Gambler's Den - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:32 pm

Johanna nuzzled-- yes, nuzzled-- into her sister and gave Ghost good scratches. "Soon," she said softly.
Back to top Go down
Rickie Vaughan
Ancilla
Rickie Vaughan

PostSubject: Re: After having hunted - Gambler's Den   After having hunted - Gambler's Den - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:33 am

And that was more than good enough for now. So unless Johanna spoke up, it would seem Rickie was happy just staying like that until the water cooled. Happy simply to hold her and be at peace until the water, deprived of its original heat, started feeling cold. First then would she move, kiss Johanna's cheek and slip out of the water to grab a towel for herself and one for her sister.
"Let's get some rest?" she asked gently, the dogs already seemingly liking that idea as they'd piled in around the bed, waiting for the signal that it was okay to jump up.
Back to top Go down
Johanna
Neonate
Johanna

PostSubject: Re: After having hunted - Gambler's Den   After having hunted - Gambler's Den - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:10 am

She gave a nod as she sat forward and began to stand, leaning her hands on the wall to steady herself as she got her bearings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After having hunted - Gambler's Den   After having hunted - Gambler's Den - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After having hunted - Gambler's Den
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crimson Masque :: Retired Scenes-
Jump to: